xi.

Unexpected
Aizen Sousuke

For years after that incident I studied everything I did. I tried numerous times to replicate it, to no avail. There was something different about her, something I hadn't accounted for. Everything went perfectly in that experiment. All the data matched up, and the results were like nothing I had ever seen before.

Gaia was the perfect Arrancar. She was the ultimate success of all of my creations. Yet after her, nothing worked. I tried numerous times to apply the same Hollowification to other Soul Reapers. Each and every one of them became simple beings. Soul Reapers with the mask of a Hollow, but Gia, she turned completely.

I remember watching her skin turn rough, boned encasing her arms and her face swallowed by a horrific skull. It was all of my life's work into the single most powerful creation. Yet I didn't understand what went wrong. I let her go, under the assumption that I'd be able to recreate what I had made. That I'd make stronger and more effective Arrancars. Why did I let her go?

Kisuke Urahara hid her from my grasp. He kept my creation under lock and key in the World of the Living. I know he taught her to suppress the power I bestowed on her. I hoped that he would.

The more Gia Shiba resists what she has become, the stronger she gets without including everything she is, it will become her downfall. She will make me proud, to be the Primera Espada.

The first of my army.