What is Love?

Hazel's P.O.V

The rest of the day passed like a blur. This happened because of two reasons; first being I had the most dreaded and boring classes today, which I survived only because I had Gina. 

Oh, I didn't tell you, did I? Gina and I have all the same classes except P.E and music. Coincidence? I hope not...

The second reason was, surprisingly, Arthur Jones.

I still couldn't register him being a bad boy type of person. But of course, a guy with a body like Greek gods, he is bound to flaunt it with a hint of rebel charisma. That is what makes them even more irresistible, Gina's words, not mine.

As the school ended, I hurried for the bus. Out of the rush, suddenly I bumped into someone. 

I looked up to face the devil himself, Arthur. This time, when I knew the true him, things went back to being their awkward self.

"Where are you headed at marshmallow?" He whispered as he bent to my ear. I felt an electric bolt run up my body.

"The bus. Don't wanna miss that again!" I awkwardly replied, as I tried to get past him, but he just blocked my way.

"Whale..." I mumbled.

"But a really hot one!" He smirked.

I gave him a sarcastic laugh as I heard the bus heaving up and calling people for the last time. 

I tried to push him away, but ended up hurting my hand.

"You wear bricks or what?!" I angrily mumbled at him.

"Oh! You talking about this old thing?" He said, as he lifted his top to show his six packs.

I blushed right away as I looked down and pulled down his top, "Oh my god! Arthur! Have some shame for heavens sake! And budge away cause I got a bus to catch!"

He laughed at my attempts. Oh my god! He had the most angelic laugh I ever had heard!

He is totally perfect- NOT THE TIME HAZEL! 

I almost had got away, when I felt him grab my waist and pull me towards him. So basically, he had me pinned to his iron chest as I felt his warm breath near my ear. 

I watched in irritation as the bus pulled out of our sight. That was when he let go of me. I turned around angrily to see him smirking at me. 

I pointed my finger at him accusingly as I half shouted- half questioned him, "What was that Arthur?! You made me miss my bus you jerk! How did you even enjoy that?! Now what am I supposed to do?! You seriously are the most twisted person I have ever seen-" Before I could continue, he grabbed my waist and jerked me towards him, causing me to let out a short gasp.

I experienced a terrible Déjà vu. He smirked at me, getting all riled up and flustered. He enjoyed doing this; handsome jerk!

He stared at my eyes as he whispered, "You can take the buses for home from tomorrow. As for today, you get home in my car. That, is a done deal! You marshmallow, are getting a once in a lifetime chance, and believe me, people would kill to be in your place! Look around for yourself!"

I turned to see almost everyone out there looking, actually staring at us. I could see the guys laughing or looking and commenting; whereas the girls, let's just say that I might not be on their best sides, well that was all I could say by the way they glared at me. 

I saw a blonde girl, with a short short short skirt (you get it what I am trying to say) and heels and a crop top, glaring at me and whispering something to the girl beside her, the same girl Arthur was making out with in the cafeteria during recess.

She was Cathy, the queen bee. Gina told me about all the people I should know about. Let's just say, she is walking real, Regina George from the mean girls. Yep, and being on her bad side was not good news...

"So why don't you take the ones who wanna go? They are willing to!" I tried to explain, as I tried to get away from his grasp. 

He just tightened his grip at my waist and smirked as he replied, "That is the thing, marshmallow! You are the FIRST girl who has ever said no to Arthur Jones. You are different and a challenge; a girl who doesn't fall at a guys feet. A girl with hella self respect to not to try and flirt with the most popular guy of the school. You know what, I find such girls really hot! Till date, you are the first one I ever met like this, so I won't ruin my chance!"

I breathed heavily as he ended. Woah! He felt that about me?! Thank god I was introverted AF!

He loosened his grip as he pulled me to his car. I heard the other girls gasp as he did that.

He made me sit as he buckled up and drove away.

"So..." I started.

"Yep?" He asked, without taking his eyes off the road.

Are you the player type, who breaks every girl's heart after enjoying with them? I thought.

"What? Do you think of me like that?" He asked, sounding hurt.

OH NO! I realized that I had spoken out loud instead of thinking it! OH NOOOO!

"I am not that bad a person, marshmallow. All the girls with whom I have ever made out, they approach me for this. I never make the move! The slutty ones make a move, and they all know well that I don't care about any of them.

 This concept of 'falling in love with someone' or 'the right person', this all is just fake. Love means nothing in the world. It just makes you vulnerable!" He replied coldly.

This time I felt an anger burn inside me as I fought back, "I didn't mean that Arthur! I am sorry I misjudged you, but you are so wrong about love. I am sorry to say, but in that matter you are deluded!

 Love is something that is true, it cannot be faked. It does not make you vulnerable, it makes you stronger than ever. But I don't blame you this time. You don't understand love because you never met someone who could make you feel it.

 But I promise you, one day you would realize that your life belongs not only to you, but to someone else too. That time, you would accept it and believe in it. I just hope that the day when you meet the one, who will accept you and you will accept her, and you would get that how much it changes you!"

Yep, you guessed right. I am a wattpad romance section reader. But what I said was maybe cliche, but it was true...

Arthur just sighed as he whispered, "I am sorry. I didn't mean to burst out at you. Maybe you are right. I won't get it until I feel it. I hope too I meet her soon, the one who understands me, yet accepts me!"

I smiled happily as I held his hand comfortably.

We sat in a comfortable silence for the rest of the ride.

Hey guys! Wassup?

I felt so single while writing this. Give me a comment if you felt the same.

What do you think, who was right? Arthur or Hazel? 

Now, it is gonna be real fun cause next is Arthur's P.O.V! YAY!

BTW, I am running out of ideas for the cover images. If anyone who is good at this, plzzz message me personally! 

Make sure to plzzz comment and vote! I would love to know all the readers reading this!

Meet you in the next chapter!

Love you strangers!

...