A Thousand Years...

Arthur's P.O.V

I saw her eyes shining as she proved me wrong about my version of love. I don't know why, but I felt hurt when she saw me the wrong way. I almost felt... betrayed. But why did I even care? I felt weird. Ugh!

I dropped her at her house as I parked the car. I quickly went in my house. I called out to mom. No one responded. I checked the fridge for notes. I found one stuck with the magnet. It read that she has gone to the big supermarket for shopping with Hazel's mom. She said that she will return in half an hour.

I scoffed. Her half hour with best friends meant at least 3 hours. I rushed to my room and changed clothes. I sat down on the chair near my window as I scrolled through Instagram. I tried to divert myself, but all I could think now was about Hazel. How she looked at close, when I held her, how her eyes stood out, and her pink lips, I wanted to close the gap between us, but I couldn't.

I closed my eyes. Her image flowed in my mind as I heard the song,

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall...

Was I seriously imagining a song like the sappy romantic movies?! I opened my eyes in an instant. I rubbed my eyes. I could still hear the song. I realized it was coming from outside. I looked out and gasped, but it was replaced by a smile as I saw that it was Hazel who was singing.

She even sings?! And that too not the crappy type, it was seriously way too good. I quietly crept in through the tree. I stood at her balcony and slid open the window. She sat with her back towards me. I stood there quietly as I gazed at her. I tried to stand comfortably, but hit my hand on the lamp.

She turned around instantly with fear evident on her face. Then it softened up to a sigh, then it quickly turned into a scowl. Whoa! This girl just went through three emotions in less than half a minute. Women!

I stood there awkwardly as I slightly raised my hand in surrender as I whispered, "Surprise marshmallow?"

I chuckled nervously as she kept down her guitar and crossed her arms in front of her and looked at me in a full on charge mode. She looked so cute when she gets anxious or angry... What?! Did I just think that? Am I losing it?

"Arthur Jones!" She shouted, as I shook my head internally and looked at her.

"Do you seriously want me to put locks on that window for privacy?! When I am alone at home, I expect some me time, with no disturbance. Imagine hearing someone stand behind you when you are all alone! You scared the daylights out of me! You seriously need to stop doing that!"

I chuckled as I looked at her. She glared at me. I looked at her pleadingly as I said, "Well, I am sorry marshmallow! But I seriously wanted to know who was singing so beautifully. I was curious when I heard it from your room. You... you had me in a trance!"

She blushed as she heard this. She looked away to hide her red cheeks. She smiled as she whispered, "Gee thanks! But I don't sound that great!"

"Uh huh! You sound amazing!" I commented.

"Still... I don't completely forgive you!" She commented.

I grinned. I sat down beside her as I picked the guitar. I lightly strummed it. 

"Not bad..."  Hazel commented. I shrugged lightly as I handed it back to her. 

She held it close as she strummed it. 

"Well... continue!" I nudged.

"Oh no no no! Not doing that! I am so not singing in front of you!" She said, backing away.

I pouted at her as I looked at her pleadingly with the puppy dog eyes. She hesitated for sometime, but then finally gave in.

"Fine!" she scoffed.

I clapped my hands in fake enthusiasm. She laughed at me as she played the same song, "A thousand years"

I kept my hands on my chin. She truly sang really well. 

As she ended, she looked at me nervously, expecting an answer.

"What can't you do marshmallow?!" I smirked.

She grinned at me as her cheeks got slightly pink.

"Just wanna know who is this guy who makes you sing this! Hope it is not me!" I ask, wiggling my eyebrows.

She laughs sarcastically as she punches my shoulder. I act as if I got hurt. She just rolls her eyes as she starts laughing and I join in too.

Suddenly, I turned my head towards her, to see that she and I were awfully close. We both stopped laughing as we looked at each other. I wanted to kiss her, feel her lips on mine, but I couldn't. I had my reasons.

I backed off slowly as I headed towards the window. I waved goodbye as she waved back and smiled before draping down the curtains.

I sighed as I lied down on the bed and imagined what just happened. I seriously wanted to kiss her, but I knew I couldn't, not now... I closed my eyes as I thought about her and smiled. 

Hazel Smith. The only girl with whom I can never fake myself, because I know that I can't hide myself behind a fake face which I wear in front of everyone, and it will happen every time those eyes behind those glasses look at me...

Hey guys! 

OMG! I am already jealous of Hazel, even if I created her. 

And Arthur... can't say anymore about him! *dreamy eyes*

QOTD: Which actor and actress do you see as Arthur and Hazel? Write down your thoughts in the comments :)

Anyone who loves the song "Thousand Years"? Cause I surely do! 

Plzzz vote and comment for me guys and keep reading!

Meet you in the next chapter!

Love you strangers!

...