Chapter 2

Recap:

I turned her way and gave her a small smile. "Tell Omsk, and pray to the mangos that they will leave us in peace, and hopefully forever."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

We ran as fast as we could back to the Tree.

The Tree was an enormous tree found be the edge of the lake. It's big roots had overtaken most of the ground there, becoming seats for the animals to here stories. Omsk was the main storyteller.

Omsk was an orangutan and the oldest here, so she was respected highly, as well as her husband, Gesso.

We ran to the roots where Omsk was telling the young ones about her time in the desert. That one was one of my favorite stories when I was little. But soon I would have my welcoming to the tribe day. And that would be the day I became a leader.

"Omsk! Omsk! There are intruders at the beach!" Cried Tani.

The old orangutan slowly lifted her head and spoke in her old and wise voice to us. "If they mean us no harm we will be alright."

One of the young ones lifted his head. I think his name was Lino. "But what if they come after us, Omsk? Will we have to hide like last time?"

She smiled at the young zebra who had so humbly asked a question. "We will only fight if they want a war. And if they want a war, a war they shall get."

I looked to the elder in awe. She herself had done so many brave deeds, the scars on her back proved it, yet she wouldn't go down without a fight. Her many adventures had been dangerous and scary, yet she didn't want to die without doing it again.

"Kala." She turned to me. "You are one of our sleekest and stealthiest. We need you to scout on these ones. I have a feeling they might stay for a while." I nodded my head deeply before leaping off in search of the humans.

Thankfully I am covered by animal skin so that they don't think I'm a savage. You see, whenever one of us dies, I use my stone dagger to cut it and make clothes out of it, as I keep on growing out of my old ones. At least enough to cover my breasts and other private part. It is too painful to see them cut open, but it must be done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 hour later

As I climbed up the palm tree, the same one from earlier this day, I gasped at the sight. The humans had already made a fire and had big rectangles in the sand.

I suppose Omsk is right. They are going to be here a while.

I could hear a few of them laughing as the rest if them snored the night away. I leaped off of the tree and softly landed in the sand. I crawled closer on my feet and fingers, to hear what they were saying.

Unfortunately they didn't speak animal. They spoke... English? As I watched closely one of them stood up and walked into the jungle.

My eyes kept from the lone one to the "fire people." I decided to follow the lone one because that would be easier.

"Water. Water. Ah! A waterfall. Perfect." It said. As I came closer, I accidentally stepped on a twig, making it snap in half. The stranger whipped around. "Who goes there? Come out, come out wherever you are."

Ok so it was a guy. One thing known about him, a million to go. He also apparently thought I was a pet.

I creeped out from my hiding place, as he gasped and gawked at me. I bared my teeth at him, as I walked in circles around. Slowly, I approached him coming close to his crotch.

He protectively put his hands over it, but I bared my teeth at the sight. His hands slowly came away from it, but extended towards my face. I looked up at it with wondered eyes when it was a mere 2 inches from my face.

Soon enough I felt his smooth hand touching my cheek, the coldness of it sending goosebumps I my warm skin.

Just as I started getting comfortable with the human's hand, Aurora, the female leader wolf, howled at the moon. In other words, my signal for returning to the tree.

I backed away from him slowly. "Goodbye." He called out. I turned around, giving him a small smile, before heading off to the Tree, to tell Tani and Omsk about my discovery.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Wassup! So this is probably going to be one of the few days that I will update both stories, so enjoy it while you can. I forgot to post a question of the day in my other story so I'll do it now. QOTD: what is your favorite exotic animal? Mine has to be either a dolphin or a tiger. Vote, comment, and drool over chocolate with me.

Peace out! Wave (=*•*=) this is my signature from now on.