Chapter 8

Recap:

"The animals. They speak English."

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$

I gave him a puzzled look.

"But isn't this what we have been talking all this time?" I asked.

He nodded his head. "Well yes. But that's not really normal where I come from. You see, animals back home in England don't talk like you or me. They bark, meow, squeak, growl, and many other things."

I let out a small laugh. "So you're saying that where you come from, we are dumb?"

He nodded again. "Have you always spoken like you are now?"

"Yes, of course! And since you're so fascinated by me, I might be able to tell you about why I'm here and how I got here. But it's very limited because it happened long ago, so I barely remember anything."

His eyes widened a bit before he sat down on a nearby log. He sort of looked like one of the young ones, right when Omsk is going to tell them about her adventures. But I guess it made some sense, since right now I was telling him my adventure.

So I started with my story.

"I remember a ship, it was raining very hard on it, we were in the middle of a storm. There was a woman, she looked older than me but not really old. She was holding me in her arms, and kept on saying, 'It'll be alright, Katrina. Everything will be alright.' Then I heard a man yell her name. It was Miranda. She wore long dress, and a golden ring on her head."

I closed my eyes remembering the beautiful face of the scary flashback.

"Then I saw the man, and he looked scared. He wore a blue suit, kind of like the one you're wearing, and a golden ring on his head too. Miranda yelled his name back. Antonio. He came running up to me and Miranda. But the waves were really strong, and they rocked the boat back and forth."

In my mind, I could see the water almost washing the man away.

"The man reached us and wrapped his arms around us, as if he had the power to make the waves unable to reach us. But even at such a young age, I knew that was impossible. The man tried to reach the mast, but a lightning bolt struck it, taking the him down with the mast. Miranda flew to Antonio's side. But there was a fire already formed around his body. Then she turned around and crouched down to my small and gave me a kiss on my forehead."

I put my hand on my forehead as if remembering the lips that had lingered on the soft skin.

"'Katrina, whatever you do, don't give up.'"

"And then she pushed me to the edge of the boat and told me. "If you jump you will survive, and never forget that I will always love you.'"

My eyes filled with tears, and they streamed down my face, instantly making my rosy cheeks wet.

"I was so vulnerable at that young age, and s-so naive. So I listened to her. I jumped. But the one thing that surprised me the most, was that I survived. I jumped into the ocean and I didn't drown or get killed. I owe that woman my life."

I lifted my face up to look at Thomas, and his face was screwed up in shock.

"Kala, what's your last name?" He asked me.

I scrunched my eyebrows together, in hard concentration. "I-I don't remember."

"Well, I think I do."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Wassup?! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in forever. I've just been really busy with schoolwork and I have a swim meet tomorrow morning and on Sunday, so if you guys could wish me luck that would be awesome!!

Peace out!! Wave (=^•^=) reminds me of hello kitty