Chapter 5

Recap:

The last thing I say was worried eyes looking straight into mine.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

My head hurts really bad. It hurt even more when I tried to lift it up. So I didn't.

I opened my eyes, trying to take in my surroundings.

I was in a tent, it seemed. In a bed (obviously) and there was a small table across from me. A framed picture was on the table along with some small ovals and a cup of water. A beautiful hibiscus had been placed beside the water.

I tried to wiggle around to find more room, but when I tried to move my right arm it stung like a thousand bees had attacked my arm.

I slowly lifted the arm that wasn't injured to pick up the tropical flower. I admired it and brought its smooth petals to my nose. I inhaled its sweet scent, just as the tent's opening moved.

The blue-eyed stranger noticed me with the hibiscus at hand and came over to my side. He slowly placed his hand on my cheek, which was chilled at the touch of his hand, and stroked it gently.

His hand came away though, as he got himself a stool to sit on. He dragged it over to the side of the cot. I was in shock.

Not because of his actions but because of mine. All this time he had been here and I had been here, I had made no thoughts of escaping. And I hadn't once made a angered movement on him.

"Hello." He said slowly. I rolled my eyes at him. He honestly didn't think I was that stupid, did he?

"My name is Thomas." He said, again, very slowly.

"You do know I'm not dumb, right?" I asked him.

I must have shocked him because he was speechless. Well not for long, that is.

"You can talk." He said dumbfounded. "But how?" He wondered aloud.

"I am perfectly capable of handling myself, you do not need to assist me in any way. Am I understood?" I glared at him. He nodded with a fearful look in his gorgeous blue eyes. "Now help me up." I demanded.

He chuckled lightly. "No, no, no, and no. You will not be getting out of this bed, no matter how upset and beautiful you are."

I felt blood rushing to my cheeks. He thinks that I'm beautiful.

"My name is Kala, and I insist that I be taken back to wherever you found me. I know my way around perfectly fine. I mean I've lived here for the past thirteen years." I rambled.

When I stood up, my dad didn't hurt that much as well as my arm. But I did notice things a lot better now. Like the fact that I wasn't in my outfit, but in a shirt and pants. Or that my arm had bandages around it. Or like how Thomas was taller than me by quiet a few inches.

But my feet weren't as registered as my brain was, so when I tried to take my first step (key word: tried) I stumbled. But thankfully Thomas was able to catch me.

"So did you come to Sallom accidentally or..." I trailed off hoping he would answer.

He gave me a strange look before answering. "No, no. I came here quite intentionally."

"Why?" I asked him, my mind full of questions for him.

He stared into my eyes, and I equally returned the gaze. "Because I heard there was a list beauty here on the island."

"And were the rumors correct?"

"There were exact."

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Wassup?! So letting you know just in case you're confused, Kala or Katrina can speak Englush, it never left her vocabulary. QOTD: favorite vacationing place? Mine is a tiny island off the coast of Florida called Anna Maria Island. Please vote, comment, and build sandcastles with me!!

Peace out!! Wave (=*•*=)