32

CHAPTER 32

real life

I didn't know if it was a date or if he just wanted us to spend time together, but I was happy.
Well, it'd be stupid to blow up when I'm just going to McDonald's.
So I think I'm gonna wear some simple but not too much.
Finally something eye-catching but not too extravagant.

After some time searching in my wardrobe, I finally found the outfit I was going to wear:

I walked down the stairs and went into the kitchen where I got some juice.

Suddenly, Josh arrived in the kitchen, I quickly put my eyes on his silhouette and looked away a few seconds later.

- Why are you dressed like that? Are you on a date?

But I ignored it by taking a sip of my juice.
But Josh was stubborn, and he started the conversation again.

- is it with a boy?

But I ignored him a second time, I didn't want to talk to him.

- Ivy, please answer!

I sighed angrily before I passed by to leave the kitchen, but Josh grabbed my wrist and turned me towards him.

- Ouch! Stop it! Get off me, you're hurting me!

- I wish you'd answer me when I ask you a question! He answered me angrily.

- You're not my father! Let go of me!

I struggled as long as I could, but the pressure of his hand against my wrist became more and more painful.

- Josh! Get off of me!

- Who are you dressed so nice for?! He said as he hoisted the tuna.

Josh let go of my wrist as he pushed me.
Tears began to form in the crook of my eyes, Josh has never been that aggressive with me like this...
And his tuna voice changed so much in seconds, it was almost scary.

I looked up at him, a tear rolled down my cheek.

- Stay away from me...! I dried my tears.

I left the room as soon as I saw Quinton in the hallway, but I ignored him.

- Ivy? What's going on? He told me he was worried.

But I continued on my way to my room.
But a few seconds later, Quinton came into my room.

- Ivy, are you all right?

I looked up at him, and he immediately saw my tears running down my cheeks.

- Oh... Explain to me what's going on.

Quinton came and sat down beside me and put his hand on my shoulder.

- That's Josh... Living with him is becoming almost impossible... I can't take it anymore. He doesn't like it no matter what I do... Even when I want to go out with friends or a boy, he won't let me do anything. I've had enough! No matter how many times I tell him that we shouldn't talk anymore, he keeps trying to interfere in my life...

Quinton put his eyes on my wrist and asked.

- Did he do this to you?

I nodded positively, Quinton sighed.

- You know Josh has always wanted to be protective of you, he's very jealous, but I've never seen it come to this... Why are you dressed like that? Do you have a date? Say Quinton nicely.

- with Nick. I said as I wiped away the last tears.

- so try to have a good time with him and don't think about it anymore!

I smiled at him and nodded my head before hugging him.