38

CHAPTER 38

Real life

I put Nick's phone on his bed...
What I'd read broke my heart, I didn't want Nick to leave me because I couldn't get Josh out of my head...
I really love Nick and I don't want to ruin everything, I really needed to get over Josh, to stop him from haunting my thoughts.

Suddenly Nick started to move, he suddenly opened his eyes, and at the sight of me, Nick started to smile.

- When did you get home? He asked me in a hoarse voice.

- Ten minutes ago...

Nick got up and walked out of the room thinking I was going to follow him, but I called out to him.

- Nick...!

Nick turned around in surprise, I sighed softly before speaking.

- I... I saw the messages with Tayler...

I started to get up and walk towards Nick...

- I want you to know, I love you more than anything... I'm sorry if I can't move on with Josh...

Tears began to stream down my cheeks, Nick quickly approached me and placed his hands in the crook of my cheeks.

- but I promise you I will, I will forget about him, no matter what...! But please don't leave me... I love you...

Nick immediately took me in his arms and began to caress my brown hair with his fingertips.

- Ivy... stop crying... I'll wait as long as it takes for you to forget him... I love you, too, and I don't want you to get like this for so little...

I held his sweater tight in my hands, I wanted him to stay with me and say all the sweet words I could to comfort me...

Josh's POV

I was walking down the corridor towards my room, when suddenly I heard sobs, I walked towards the tears, it was coming from Nick's room, I discreetly put my head through the door frame and saw Ivy with tears in her eyes, in Nick's arms, I began to listen to their conversation.

- I want you to know, I love you more than anything... I'm sorry if I can't move on with Josh...

I began to pucker up eyebrows, but I continued to listen to their conversations.

- but I promise you I will, I will forget about him, no matter what...! But please don't leave me... I love you...

I was supposed to be happy that Ivy was still thinking about me, but I felt sad, sad for her.
Because of me she couldn't move on with her love life and I felt terribly guilty...

I had to let her live her life as she deserves...