Chapter 1

I would appreciate it if you guys could vote on the chapters!

This story takes place between "Sozin's Comet: Part 4 Avatar Aang" and "The Promise".

Please review.

Disclaimer: I do not own Avatar: The Last Airbender.

~~~

This kiss they were sharing seemed to last forever. His lips were on hers. Aang felt the happiest he had felt in so many years. He was kissing the girl of his dreams. It had started as a boyhood crush, then evolving into passionate love.

Katara felt good. She had thought she hurt Aang the day of the play on Ember Island. She tried to convey all her feelings to him in that one kiss.

They had both figured out what they had meant to each other... until...

"Hey guys- AH!"

"Nothing! We're not doing anything out here!" Aang said, embarassed and blushing.

"Haven't you heard of knocking, Sokka?!" Katara yelled angrily.

"First of all, you're supposed to knock before you go INSIDE, not before you go OUTSIDE! And second, as my sister, you really shouldn't be kissing anyone in front of me! It's your sisterly duty to avoid giving me the OOGIES!"

"'Oogies'?! Aargh! You are SO immature sometimes! What about you and Suki?!"

Katara and Sokka started a screaming match. None of the words could be made out. Aang watched and sighed.

"Uh, Sokka? Sokka!" Aang said, trying to grab his attention.

"Time out. Yeah, Aang? Sokka said, Katara still angrily staring.

"What'd you come out here to tell us?"

"Oh! Right! We're about to head out."

"But the Earth king's celebration doesn't start for a couple more hours!"

"I know. We wanted to take Appa out for a ride first!"

"Oh, and by the way, I think you two should head inside and get the others."

"Why don't you go get them, Sokka?" Katara asked.

"Just go grab them while I wait out here. Besides, don't you think they should know that you guys are more than just best friends?"

Aang and Katara both turned red and headed inside to get the others. Toph just started to giggle as they walked in.

"What's so funny?" Zuko asked.

"SUGAR QUEEN FINALLY MADE HER MOVE! Their heartbeats have been driving me crazy since I decided to join."

Everyone started staring at the new couple. Zuko smirked. Mai stared blankly. Suki was beaming. And Iroh chuckled. The pair turned redder than before.

Suki decided to break the silence.

"Sooooo, what have you two been up to?"

"Stuff," Katara said, still blushing.

"Romantic stuff?" Zuko smirked at her.

"How did you.." Aang started but realized by the looks on all his friends' faces that they knew.

"You caught us, and we wanted it to be a surprise but..."

"Not much of a surprise. Everyone knew that you liked Katara."

"Really?" Said Aang and Katara in unison.

"Who cares? We now have each other," said Katara.

Sokka entered the room.