Chapter 20

Please R&R.

Disclaimer: ATLA is not mine, and I am not owned by it.

~~~

He immediately sat up, clutching his chest, gasping multiple times. He felt a deep feeling of fear, he felt... cold.

"What was that?" he whispered, trying to remember what had caused him to have this feeling of dread. No matter how hard he tried to recollect his thoughts, nothing came to him.

The boy got up and walked downstairs, lost in his train of thought, and pulled up a chair.

"What's up, Aang? You look like you just saw a spirit," Sokka said jokingly, with a tad hint of worry in his voice.

"Spirit..." Aang thought, remembering a similar feeling to the presence of a spirit.

"It's nothing... I'm fine," Aang said quietly.

A few seconds passed before a special waterbender entered the room. "Hey sweetie!"

"Oh, hey Katara!" he said cheerfully, forgetting what he was thinking about. She stood behind Aang's chair and he turned his head to face her. They gave each other a quick peck on the lips and Katara sat next to him.

Aang opened his mouth, about to say something. But Katara swatted him with a bunch of nips and pecks on the cheek.

His mouth hung open in shock, surprised at her eagerness. She giggled, blushed, and looked away. "Sorry, I'm just excited that we'll get to be us again. No more distractions, no more school, just us."

"Me too," he whispered. Their lips engaged for half a second before Sokka interrupted.

"Alright enough, this is getting way too gross! I don't feel like watching you guys swap spit! Save the rest for your date!" Katara rolled her eyes but quickly smiled upon looking at Aang. No one could ever make her happier.

~~~

Aang looked upon the distant sky as Katara rested on his shoulder. Appa soared through the clouds and neared the middle of the troposphere.

"Sweetie, where are we going?"

Aang was entranced in his thoughts. "That feeling... why can't I remember it?"

"Sweetie? Aang... Aang?" Katara repeated.

"Yeah, yeah..? What?"

"Where are we going?" Katara asked.

"Oh, I just wanted to have a picnic in the clouds," Aang replied.

"But... you didn't bring food... or anything for that matter," Katara responded with sadness.

"I must've forgot," Aang responded blankly before staring out into the sky once more.

Katara looked back at him with concern written across her face. "He's never acted like this before."

A few minutes of silence passed.

"Aang, are you okay?" she said with worry evident in her voice.

"I'm completely fine," Aang said, trying but also failing in putting on a facade.

"I know you aren't fine," Katara responded with solemness.

"Katara... I'm fine!" he shouted.

Her head looked like it was about to explode, but she instead sighed heavily. "Aang, we can't keep secrets or lie to each other anymore. We're not just best friends anymore, we're lovers."