Chapter 9

Sorry for not updating frequently. I've been extremely busy, but I should have more time to update and write now.

Please review.

Disclaimer: I don't own ATLA.

~~~

Aang suddenly woke up and sat up almost right away. His whole body felt sore, weak, and tired. His vision was blurry.

He looked around and buried his hands in his face. "I'm suffering from major déjà vu."

A few seconds went by and Katara walked by his room. Not noticing him at first.

She turned around and poked her head into the room.

"Aang! You're awake!" she said with extreme happiness.

"I-" before he could respond, Katara rushed into the room and hugged him tightly.

"Did I die in the caverns... again?" he said weakly.

"You didn't this time, thank the spirits, but you were close to."

There was a pause.

"How long was I out this time?" she finally let go of Aang.

"About a week and a half," she said stepping back, admiring him.

He sat back down and rested his head on his pillow. She pulled up a chair and sat next to him.

"During the past week, I never left your side. I only left to go to the peace meetings but the first thing I'd do is come back to the house to check up on you. Even though the healers said you would be fine, I was still so worried that you wouldn't come back to me," she grabbed his hand.

"I'll always return to you, Katara, one way or another," he smiled at her.

"I love you, Aang," she kissed him on the cheek.

"I know," he laughed.

"Really, Aang?" she rolled her eyes, but she giggled.

"I'm just kidding," he laughed, "I love you too."

They shared a short, but sweet kiss.

Katara smiled at Aang, while he had his classic, goofy smile.

"So... what happened to Long Feng... an-and Hama too?"

"Long Feng was found trying to flee. He made it to the Outer Wall, but his disguise didn't work. Now he's being sent to a Fire Nation prison. Hama's being sent to the Fire Nation too but they'll be in entirely different prisons, so don't stress about it."

"What about the guy who almost killed you... err... us?"

"I don't really know too much about him. Zuko identified him as one of Ozai's top generals. Don't worry about him either, he was arrested right after you went unconscious."

"Phew," Aang said, wiping his forehead.

There was another pause.

"Is it just me, or do you feel like this is déjà vu?" Aang asked.

"No, I feel the same way. It's just like the caverns with Azula. Except this time, I felt more loss and sadness. I lost you back when we were best friends, and now I've lost you when we've barely started dating. Accepting my love for you has made the pain of watching you get hurt even more unbearable than it was before," tears rolled down her cheeks.

Aang pulled her into his arms. He didn't say anything. She let it all out. She eventually stopped after a few minutes.

Her eyes were watery and red. Her nose was stuffy. And her cheeks were stained by her tears.