Chapter 15

Shoutout to @kataang.4.ever on Instagram for sharing my fanfic!

Sorry this took so long to come out. I had something happen in my personal life for the past few days. I had less time to work on the story. I also really disliked every draft I wrote and this is the only draft that I thought was enjoyable.

Please review.

Disclaimer: I don't own ATLA.

~~~

Team Avatar headed toward their school, 'Turtle Duck Academy'. 'Kuzon' and 'Lee' had walked ahead of the rest of the team once again. When they walked in through the main entrance they were greeted by many students. On Ji ran up to Aang.

"Hey Kuzon, I was wondering if you would like to go to the 'Jasmine Dragon' with me after school? It-It's not a date... or anything," she stammered. "Some of my friends will be there," she reassured 'Kuzon'.

Katara watched as On Ji practically asked Aang to go out.

"Uhm..." he looked over at Katara, who turned away.

"Should I really do this?" he thought. "This might hurt Katara, but this will help me keep cover."

"Sure, I'll see you there," Aang blurted.

Katara walked away. She was a little hurt and jealous. She knew she was overreacting, but it still felt terrible.

A couple of periods had gone by and Aang and Zuko had headed to the courtyard. This was the bending period. Aang and Zuko were getting ready for their firebending class. They had taken off their shirts so their clothing was less likely to catch fire.

The non-benders had a training class that took place very close to the firebending class. They started and did some firebending drills with others. Nonbenders watched the shirtless firebenders. It had become a very common thing. Aang had ignored it but Zuko was getting self-conscious.

"Why do these girls have to come here to see us shirtless? If only they knew we had girlfriends then they wouldn't be so forward," he thought.

As they finished their warm-ups they waited for their instructor. Aang's eyes wandered and they ended up looking at the girls. They giggled at him while he instantly turned to look at his instructor.

"Good job on the work-outs students. Yao you could improve on your breathing," he said. "You have a five-minute break."

The class started walking over to the benches.

"Kuzon, Lee, come over here," their instructor, Sifu Mei Tan said.

"Yes, Sifu?" Aang asked.

"You two have quickly become my prize students. I would like you two to perform a practice Agni Kai tomorrow to demonstrate what you have learned. The headmaster is coming to watch and I want to impress him. Now listen, I don't want you to hurt each other, BUT I don't want any holding back either." he told them sternly.

"Sounds good, master," Aang said.

Zuko turned to Aang. "You're going down."

Mei Tan walked over to some kids who were fooling around and started scolding them.

"Earth King Kuei didn't tell the staff that we would be enrolled here?" Aang asked.

"I guess not. Let's just try to hide our identities, maybe there's a reason that the Earth King didn't tell them," Zuko responded.

"Possibly, but I still think it would've been better for them to know."

The class continued their training. Aang had improved his firebending by the end of the period. The rest of the school day sailed smoothly.