Chapter 8

I didn't like this chapter.

Please review.

Disclaimer: I don't own ATLA.

~~~

Aang was sitting on the Outer Wall, tears still in his eyes. He couldn't believe Zuko and Katara kissed. He thought Katara loved him. He didn't care that the Earth Kingdom Guards were watching him, they were too afraid to approach him. Aang started a conversation with himself in his brain. There was one Aang sitting on one shoulder, and another sitting on his other shoulder.

"Katara wouldn't do this to me. Something happened, but what? This doesn't make any sense. Well, Zuko kissed her, maybe she didn't kiss back. But they were on the balcony during a sunset. That's one of the most romantic parts of the day. No, Zuko loves Mai and Katara loves me. There's got to be an explanation here."

Aang turned to Momo. "Do you really think that Katara would do this to me?" There was no response. "Yeah, you're right buddy. I'll wait here all night if that's what it takes to figure this out." Aang sat cross-legged and began emptying his mind of all thoughts.

~~~

Katara began to wake up. Her eyes started to open. She looked around and found herself and a cage and the others were trapped in cages too. The delegates and the Earth King were also down there. She realized she was back in the catacombs of Ba Sing Se.

"Katara, are you okay?" her brother called.

"Yeah, what happened? And where is Aang?" She asked him.

"We were captured," Zuko replied from the cage beneath.

"By who?" Katara responded to Zuko, crossing her arms, angry at him.

"The Dai Li, but I think there are others involved in this too," Sokka said

"What?!" Katara said surprised, dropping her anger at Zuko.

"Worse, Aang disappeared, no one knows where he went. The Dai Li can't seem to find him anywhere."

"Can you stop calling them the 'Dai Li'?" the Earth King chimed in. Katara had a surprised look on her face. "They were all fired and arrested for their loyalty to Long Feng and ex-Firelord Azula. I transferred some royal guardsmen into the new, reformed Dai Li."

"He's correct," Long Feng said, emerging from the shadows.

"Long Feng," the Earth King and Katara said in unison. They gritted their teeth.

"These people aren't the Dai Li anymore. This group is an elite group of agents, my agents. The Order of Long Feng. They are mostly Ozai loyalists, previous Dai Li, and those who stand against the Avatar. Sworn enemies of Earth King Kuei, Fire Lord Zuko, and Avatar Aang."

"Wait, but I thought you were killed by Azula?" Sokka said.

"No. I was held in a Fire Nation prison. I broke out with the help of Hama and Ozai loyalists. We ventured around the Earth Kingdom to find more members for our cause. We gained enough members for my plan around two months ago. We've been tracking you and finally found you. Right here in Ba Sing Se. Hama and my agents captured you."

"Wait, Hama?" Katara remembered when Aang ran away from Zuko kissing her. It had been Hama manipulating him, he had no self-control.

"How are you, my bloodbending apprentice?" Hama asked, coming from behind Long Feng.

"I'm not a bloodbender!" Katara yelled at her.

"But you used it again didn't you?" Katara didn't respond. She just turned away. Hama smiled at the sight and walked away laughing. Long Feng had an evil smirk on his face. He followed Hama a few seconds later.