Chapter 6

Please review.

Disclaimer: I don't own ATLA.

~~~

Aang had gone into the Avatar State. Katara was in the octopus stance fighting off the Dai Li. She watched as he rose into the air. Aang had been struck by Azula. Tears dropped from Katara's eyes. She created a wave that devoured Zuko and the Dai Li and caught Aang as he was falling. She held his body in her arms. She had lost him. He was gone.

Zuko and Azula started walking towards her. Suddenly, a blast of fire came from her right, blocking Azula and Zuko. It was Iroh.

"You've got to get out of here!" he said, taking a defensive stance, "I'll hold them off as long as I can!"

He started sending fireballs all over the place. Katara used water to propel herself upward, allowing her to escape with Aang's body.

She got onto Appa, escaping with Earth King Kuei, Sokka, and Toph. Katara pulled out her Spirit Water to heal Aang and used it on him. Only this time, it didn't work.

"Aang?" she sobbed.

Suddenly, everything disappeared and everything was pitch black. It was only her and Aang's body left. Aang's tattoos and eyes turned into pure darkness.

"You allowed me to die, Katara! You could've saved me!" his body spoke.

Tears started dripping down her face.

"I trusted you with my life! I was wrong! I couldn't trust you!"

She started crying even more. His body disappeared into the darkness.

"Aang? Aang!?" she called out.

Katara was asleep. She woke up to the sound of knocking. She wiped her eyes. She had been crying and talking in her sleep. Katara went over and opened the door.

"Katara? Are you okay?" Aang questioned.

She didn't say anything and just hugged him tightly. He was caught off-guard, but he hugged back.

"I'll ask you again, are you okay?" he said in a caring tone.

"Yeah, I'm okay," she responded.

"Are you sure? You have tears in your eyes and you were calling my name."

Katara looked back and didn't answer. Then she looked back at him and she was blushing this time.

"Aang," Katara started.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think I-I could maybe... I don't know... sleep in your room tonight?" She asked him, blushing even more.

"Ummm... sure!" he said enthusiastically.

She hugged him once more.

"Thanks, Aang," she kissed him on the cheek.

Aang returned to his room. A few moments later, Katara opened his door. Holding a sleeping bag and her pillow. She laid it down next to Aang's bed. They laid down and stared at each other. Admiring one another.

"Goodnight Katara."

"Goodnight Aang."

They fell asleep turned towards each other. Katara's nightmares disappeared. Instead, she had dreamed of herself and Aang.

~~~

Sokka started knocking on Katara's door. "Katara!" he yelled, no answer. "KATARA!" he yelled even louder. Still no answer. "ARGH!" he barged through her door.