\\ {1} I wish I meet the biggest hope \\

"Huh? What did I do? It wasn't me... you can't take me there, please!" I said with panic in my voice, in attempts to push out the despair trying to make its way into me.

"We can't just send your alter in there, Hajime... and you know that." The woman smiled sadly at me. I was holding back the urge to punch her then and there, but that would only worsen my penalty.

Her ginger hair was tied up into a loose ponytail, with a large strand of hair flowing in her pale face. She had pale, green eyes which held much emotion in them. This girl looked so sincere, and polite... and yet, I still hated every inch of her.

"I don't deserve this... I DON'T DESERVE THIS, PLEASE SPARE ME!" I screamed, trying to get rid of the despair in my heart, but it was too late...

"I don't... deserve..." I paused, tears clouding up vision. My heart ached at the thought of even going to this 'Fantasy Arc' place.

"I know you don't... but I promise that if you escape, I'll make it up to you! And I mean it.." the woman smiled, obviously feeling guilt over her decision. Yet, her eyes still showed complete and utter determination.

"I don't need your sympathy... wait, if? What do you mean, if?" My vision started to blur and darken, darkening until there was nothing left except the deep black sea of despair. I had lost to him, it was too late.

I heard the silent melody, I felt my body grow heavier as if something was pressing down hard on it. This feeling... why won't it go away? It wasn't my fault, so why did I have to go through this? I don't deserve this. I don't deserve this. I don't deserve this... I don't..

Was this despair? Everything feels so hopeless. I don't understand why he wants to hurt me. Even so, the peaceful melody rang in my head, kindly soothing me.

My eyelids slowly started to flutter open, as I saw myself in a room with a random stranger. The room made my eyes strain, so many patterns and pink colors... The floor was checkered pink, and the walls were stripes of pink, magenta, and pastel pink. There were multiple contraptions and notes around the room, indicating that this was the first riddle. The boy averted his gaze to mine, and parted his lips.

"Ah! Hello there, I'm Nagito Komaeda, but you can call me Komaeda." He smiled warmly, and stretched his hand out to shake mine. This boy was slightly taller than me, with exceedingly pale skin. His hair was almost white, with a strikingly pink undertone.

He wore a white tee with a red symbol in the middle, alongside a dark green jacket that he was wearing over it. On the back of the jacket was the number: 55, and had red squares around the shoulders. The bottom of the jacket was jagged and long, obviously oversized.

Komaeda wore black jeans like me, but he had a skeleton waist chain as well. I wonder if the skeleton is used for anything. He also wore zipped up brown shoes which were not the most pleasant-looking. However, the rest of his outfit was pleasing to the eye.

"Where am I?" I panicked, denying his warm welcome, "What's going on?"

"Oh.. so I guess you don't understand what's going on~ Can trash like me do the honors of explaining this situation to you?" His face was pale, as if he wasn't alive. Honestly, If I had met him asleep, I would have thought he died.

"Well, this is the Fantasy Arc! You're stuck here, until you escape, of course~" He retaliated, "All I know so far is that.. we're assigned a curse... or curses as a punishment for what we did on earth." Komaeda sighed, exaggerating his disappointment in the situation he was in.