\\ {4} Glistens than Anyone Else \\

Fatigue coursed through my body as I started to awaken. I felt as if I were still in a dream, even though I was wide awake. Voices telling me to wake up shattered my mind like knifes digging into my brain. Why was everything so convenient?

But as I regained my consciousness, I forgot what I was thinking about. My mind refocused on the reality.

"Good morning Hajibaby!!!" Sugi beamed and twirled around me carelessly.

"Don't call me that..." I retorted quietly, stretching my arms towards the beautiful, ombre sky.

"Oh, hey. Ready to get going?" Komaeda laughed innocently as he spoke.

"Sure, but where are we even going? Don't you think everything is too... Convenient-" I attempted to stop myself from finishing that sentence, but it was too late. But why couldn't I say it in the first place?

"No, why?" Said Komaeda as his face contorted into a confused frown.

"It's nothing... forget it." I replied as I made my way away from the site.

Soon after, the other two followed as we walked in complete silence. I was left with my thoughts and the realization that I was forgetting about my life on earth. The entire scenario was confusing.

But what was even more horrifying was that my old memories were being replaced with new ones, but once I had the new memories, I forgot about the old ones. It was as if I was being enveloped in a false reality.

"Sugi-chan! Not around Hinata!" Komaeda ordered as he giggled softly.

Sugi quickly stopped making scissor-like movements with her hands and rested them at her sides. I felt tears well up in my eyes as I started to get fed up with the situation. When I was on earth, I had friends... and I wasn't the third wheel.

"So when am I going to stop being a third wheel?" I retorted, holding back tears.

"Hajime..." He started before I cut him off.

"Call me Hinata, please? Thanks." I huffed, walking as fast as I could to get away from them.

"Hey~ Don't do him like that! Or else I may have to experiment with you...!" Sugi gave me a devious smile.

"You guys always talk about this little 'secret'. What's the deal, huh? If it's okay to talk about around me, why not just tell me?" I clenched my fists in annoyance and walked further away.

"Hinata-kun... We don't want you to be the third wheel but- We can't tell you." Komaeda started before getting cut off by Sugi.

"Oh! I can say mine, I'm not afraid! Ahehe... Just kidding!" She boasted about her secret then dropped the subject as if it was nothing. I was almost jealous of her foolishness.

I decided not to say anything, which I would soon regret. These simple says of being lonely would turn out to be nothing compared to the problems I were to face.
But then the sun flickered, soon to completely go out.

"W-What?! Huh?" My heart pounded with force, knocking the air out of my lungs. Even though nobody had told me, I knew what this meant. Time was running out, hope had to end despair before it was too late.

And as quickly as the darkness shut out the light, day returned like a feather of a bird. Everything was 'normal' again, but time has a limit. And that limit is soon.

I heard voices around me, but I couldn't process a thing. My vision started to grow blurry as my consciousness faded once again.

-

"Hinata? Please wake up... I'm so worried..." Komaeda's voice boomed through the room. Wait... a room? Where am I?

"Uh, sorry for whatever Izuru did... He must've worried you-" I started before I was cut off by Sugi.