CHAPTER TWELVE: PENNY'S HERO

HAYLEY'S POV
"Bye Mum! I'll see you later." The girls and I grab our bikes, wanting to ride around town after breakfast.

"Be back before sundown!" She yells back, a smile evident in her tone. I smile before hopping on my bike and heading off with the girls to explore around town. We were having an awesome time, wind pushing our hair back as we cycled through the usually busy town, which is very quiet because of the time of day. We ride past the post office, only to be stopped by a boy around our age.

"Hello ladies, Penny." He winked at her, stepping in front of our bikes so we can't leave. I roll my eyes practically in time with the girls.

"And who would this be, Penny?" I ask in a annoyed tone. I just want him to move out of the way. The boy's perverted eyes don't leave Penny as he replies to my question cockily.

"Richard Keith, the ladies call me Ricky."

"And do you need something? Or are you just stopping us to be annoying?"

"Well, I'd like to this blonde babe on a date." I gag, over-exaggerating my actions, which makes the twins laugh. Penny glares at the disgusting boy.

"Look, Keith. I don't date annoying, rude, self-centered air-heads, so why don't you just go back to your boyfriend."

"Singleton is not my boyfriend." It clicks in my head. His vice captain. I knew I'd seen him somewhere before.

"How about you go on a date with me and I can show you a good time?" He whispers, loud enough for all three of us to hear. I feel my body burn with anger.

"She said back off. I'd hardly think she'd like you to show her a good time." A voice behind us spits. We turn to see Squints, who is burning with jealousy and is obviously disgusted by Richard's words.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Nerd boy. When will you stop barging into people's conversations?" Richard tries to joke, but no one laughs. His face hardens as he glares at the boy in glasses.

"She said back off, Keith. I know you don't understand basic English, but even a dog could figure that out." David rides up behind Squints with the rest of the Sandlot boys and I try not to smile.

"If it isn't David DurWeirdo. When will you stop sticking up for people? God, it's getting annoying." I've heard enough.

"When you stop being such a selfish wannabe man whore who nobody takes seriously." I spit.

"Aww. Is David's girlfriend trying to stick up for him?" He asks teasing, his eyebrow cocked in an attempt to piss me off even more. I feel David's bright eyes pierce my skin as I argue back.

"I stick up for my teammates. You remember what happened to Singleton, so back off." I snap at the irritating boy. I still loved David. His beach blonde hair, his baby blue eyes, his tan skin, his- My train of thought was interrupted by a sneer.

"What did you do, doll him up to death?" The tension keeps building in the air.

"He got dragged away by you and the rest of his stupid teammates." I smirk and I can hear the boys trying not to laugh.

"Wow, it's clear that you're a spoilt little rich bitch. You think you're entitled or something." I could see David's fists clench.

"Like I said, you're a wannabe man whore. Now run home to your daddy, little boy." Richard lunges and tries to hit me. All of the boys prepare to jump on him as I grab his wrist and twist his arm.

"Touch me and I'll make sure that you can never have kids." Richard cries out in pain as I twist it. I release his arm and hiss at him. "Now run, before I actually snap your arm." Richard runs off as fast he can, stumbling over his feet nervously. The boy disappears around the corner. "Idiot." I mutter under my breath, turning back to everyone.

"Thanks for the hand," I thank Squints. The Sandlot boys watch as Penny thanks him sweetly and pecks his cheek. I try not jump for joy as he whispers something. Penny nods back with a big smile and we begin to ride off. I can feel David's eyes burning holes through my back.