EPILOGUE: OUR HAPPY ENDING

HAYLEY'S POV
And that was our greatest summer ever. Over the years, all of us ended up graduating and moving away, but I kept in touch with everyone.

Apollo and Tini ended up having five puppies. Penny, Jenny and I got one each and Mr. Murdell kept the other two. Tini lived to be one hundred and fifty years old in human years and Apollo live to be one hundred and fifty years as well. The poor thing died of heartbreak.

Mac joined the army after high school and won a Purple Heart for his service after being injured during a war. He ended up marrying Jenny and having three kids, a boy called Sammy and two girls called Taylor and Jade at the age of twenty-six.

Squints ended up marrying Penny after she went to college to study to be a veterinarian. He is now an optometrist, has nine kids and lives in a house near the Sandlot at the age of twenty-six.

Fingers owns one of the most successful record companies in the world called Deaf Jam Records. He has a wife called Sarah and they have two boys called Timmy and Tommy and a girl called Angel at the age of twenty-six.

Tommy became a host of a popular Australian television show called Animal Planet and has a fiance called Danielle. He is also a popular comedian at some night clubs and is paid very well at the age of twenty-seven.

Smalls is now a doctor, who is exploring cures for all sorts of diseases. He has a wife called Sophia, who he met when he travelled to Italy, and his daughter called Laura, who he treats like a princess at the age of twenty-five.

David and I dated all the way through the rest of high school and college before going out seperate ways.

I was on the Olympic softball team and won two gold medals. I'm twenty-six and I'm currently a journalist. I'm actually heading to a meeting right now with another gold medalist baseball player, who's nicknamed Rocket.

I head to the Olympic Baseball diamond and spot a guy in a red varsity jacket and denim jeans with blonde hair. He waves to me before I head down to meet him. I run in my turquoise All Stars. I let my hair fly through the wind and pretend I'm with the Sandlot gang, running home at the Sandlot. I smile at the memories of David and I and I sigh.

BASEBALL PLAYER'S POV
I'm David Rocket Durango. After Hayley and I split up, I continued talking to everyone and checking up on her. I'm still in love and as crazy as it sounds, I'm here to propose to Hayley like I've been waiting to do for so long.

"Hi, my name's Hayley Rodriquez. I'm here to interview you for Sports Illustrated. Can I please have your name?" She asks, grabbing her notepad.

"David, David Durango." I watch as the notebook drops to the ground.

"David, is that really you?" She grins happily, tears building in her eyes as she hugs me tightly. I hug her back, lifting her up and spinning her around before setting her back on the ground.

"Yeah, it's me and I have to ask you something I've been meaning to ask for awhile," I bend down on one knee and take the ring out. Hayley is smiling as brightly as ever as tears of joy stream down her face. I'm so nervous, I can't speak.

HAYLEY'S POV
He bends down on one knee and pulls out a ring. He's so nervous, I feel my heart pounding against my chest as tears stream down my face. I've waited for this moment for a long time and it's finally here.

"You're supposed to say, will you marry me," I giggle, wiping away my tears.

"Will you marry me?"

"Of course I will," I kiss him. He slides the ring onto my finger before he picks me up and swings me around again. I feel like I'm at home at last. After we got married, David and I ended up moving into a house not too far from our childhood diamond. We have one beautiful child named Brooke and we are living our happily ever after. Looks like my hero came. Maybe I won't have to save myself after all.