Crossroad Blues

Saloon night time 1938 Robert Johnson  is seated on a small stage, playing. His head is down, and a cigarette dangles from his mouth. The room is sparsely populated with people listening intently. One WOMAN near the front stares at him, smiling as if the show is just for her, and occasionally he looks up and catches her eye, suddenly He hears the growling of a dog, outside. He pauses, then resumes again, he stops, hearing eerie barking that nobody else seems to notice, and seeing a dark shape flitting past the window. The cigarette falls from his mouth; he is terrified as he stands, clutching his guitar, and bolts from the room in terror and the woman and several others follow.

 The cigarette falls from his mouth; he is terrified as he stands, clutching his guitar, and bolts from the room in terror and the woman and several others follow

Robert stops, listening  for the dog

Robert stops, listening  for the dog. He hears it, drops the guitar, and runs to  a wooden house and bolts the door behind him and he hears the scrabbling and barking of the dog and draws a chair across the floor, wedging it under the door. He backs up slowly, then sinks to his knees, weeping as he does the door The door rattles violently until it flies open; two men and the woman  from earlier enter to find Robert on the floor convulsing an old man asks "What is going on?" The woman says "Oh my God!" She goes over to Robert , runs her hands over him and she says "Get a doctor. Run!" The Old man run and the woman leans over Robert patting his face, and she asks Robert "What happened? Talk to me!" Robert simply says "Dogs..." The woman says to Robert Stay with us, baby!" Robert says "Dogs... Black dogs..." The woman says "Robert? Robert, don't you die on me!"

In the diner it was present day, Sarah, Sam and Dean are sitting at a table, Sam with his laptop open and onscreen is a mugshot of Dean from the St. Louis Police Department and Sam says "So much for our low profile. You've got a warrant in St. Louis, and now you're officially in the Fed's database." Dean grinning says "Dude, I'm like Dillinger or something." Sam looks at Dean and says "Dean, it's not funny. Makes the job harder, we've gotta be more careful now." Sarah says" His right dean, we need to be more carefully otherwise, you could either go to prison or get the death penalty." Dean looks at Sam and asks "I'm sure they just haven't posted it yet." 

Dean says "No accessory? Nothing?" Sam says "Shut up." Dean laughing and he says "You're jealous." Sam says "No, I'm not!" Dean says "Uh-huh. All right. What do you two  got on the case there, you innocent, harmless young man, you?" Sam  shuts his computer, annoyed, and Sarah pulls out several pages of research and she says "Architect Sean Boyden plummeted to his death from the roof of his home, a condominium he designed." Dean says "Hmm. Build a high-rise and jump off the top of it. That's classy. When did he call animal control?" Sam says "Two days earlier." Dean says "Did he actually say Black Dog?"