Heart

In San Francisco, California in a bar it was night time,  A young woman Madison , is grabbing drinks with her friends and her co-worker Nate Mulligan approaches and he says to Madison "Hey, Maddie. Listen, I hate to pull you away, but I'm gonna need you to come back to the office with me." Madison says "Really?" Her friends begin smirking, and Nate says " Yeah. Turns out I've gotta file those docs by midnight---." Madison says "Midnight?" Nate says "Yeah, I'm gonna need you to, um..." He sees that she smiles and says " This isn't working at all, is it?" Madison laughing says " No, it's not, Nate." Nate says "Listen, I've had a couple. I shouldn't really drive. Could you just give me a lift—" 

Madison says " I already called you a cab. [smiling] I'll see you in the morning." Nate smiles briefly,  then gives up and walks away; Madison and her friends start cracking up and one of her friends asks "That happen a lot?" Madison says "Only on the days that end with a "y"." Still laughing Madison  scans the room and suddenly sees a surly-looking man in a leather jacket, Seated at a table across the bar, he is watching her with a serious look on his face. She stops smiling and she looks uncomfortable, another one of her friends asks " You okay?" Madison says "Yeah." When she looks again, the man is gone and she looks to her friends and says "I've gotta go." Madison is walking quickly to her car, she hears a crashing noise behind her, but when she stops, she sees nothing. 

She continues walking nervously to her car, Once she reaches her car and drives away, the mysterious man immediately begins following her, watching her leave.  The following morning in a office building Madison is filling the coffee pot at the water cooler, she stops, suddenly, when she notices blood on the door to NATE'S office. She goes to the door and pushes it open, a trail of blood on the rug leads to the desk, where Nate is lying, dead. His entire chest has been ripped apart, leaving blood everywhere, Screaming, Madison drops the coffee pot, shattering it to pieces.

In the morgue Sam watches as the employee slides Nate's corpse from his compartment and the employee says " Here he is, Detective

In the morgue Sam watches as the employee slides Nate's corpse from his compartment and the employee says " Here he is, Detective." Nate  has stitches running along his chest, stomach, shoulders, and throat and Sam says "That's a pretty nasty bite." Employee says "Mm-hmm." Sam says "You know what bit him?" The employee averting her eyes and says "I haven't quite determined that just yet." Sam asks " Come on, Doc. Off the record." The employee says "Okay, way, way off the record ...." Sam says "Sure." The employee says "If I didn't know better, I'd say the guy was attacked by a wolf, But unless I know that the zoo is missing one of their lobos, I'm going with pit bull. eyeing him she says "I like my job." Sam chuckling and says "Yeah, I hear you. One more thing. This guy –- was his heart missing?" The Employee says "Yeah, how did you know that? I haven't even finished my report." Sam says "Lucky Guess."

"