What Is and What Should Never Be

Dean wakes up, bare-chested, and wearing a necklace that is not the amulet; he sees an apparently nude woman lying next to him Dean, dressed, is walking through the dark apartment and Sam in another location, gets a phone call on his cell. He sees it's Dean and looks a little worried and he says "Dean?" Dean says "Sam?" Sam asks "What's going on?" Dean says "I don't know, I don't know where I am." Sam asks " What? What happened?" Dean says "Well, the uh, the Djinn, It attacked me." Sam asks "The gin? You're ... drinking gin?" Dean says "No, asshat. The Djinn. The ... scary creature. Remember? It put its hand on me and then I woke up ... next to some hot chick..." Sam says "Who?" He laughs and says Sarah?" Dean was surprised and then Sam says "Dean, you're drunk. You're drunk-dialing me." Sam says "I am not drunk. Quit screwing around!" Sam says "Look, it's late. All right, just get some sleep and, um, I'll ... see you tomorrow. OK?" Dean says "Wait, Sam! Sam!" Sam hangs up, and flips his phone down, laughing a little and he sighs and slams shut a book, CRIMINAL LAW & PROCEDURE." 

Living room night time, Dean puts his phone back in his pocket, frustrated, and looks around. He sees an envelope, and picking it up, sees that it is addressed to Sarah Moore 53 BARKER AVE, LAWRENCE, KS 66044. Dean says "Lawrence?"The next two envelopes are addressed to Dean,  same address as Sarah's address and then Dean says "What the hell?" Sarah says "Honey? What are you doing up?" Dean says "Hey, Sarah  uh, I just uh..." Sarah says "Aw, you can't sleep, huh?" Dean says " Yeah, heh heh." Sarah says "Well, why don't you come back to bed and let's see if I can do anything to help." Dean says "Sure. Yeah. In a minute. You - you, you go ahead." Sarah smiling and says "OK. Don't stay up too long." Dean says "No." She kisses him warmly and Dean goes to a bookshelf, sees a photo of Sarah and another of Dean and Sarah embracing  He turns and sees something else shocking – another photo – and drops it, The glass shatters as it breaks, and Dean turns on his heel and leaves the room.

Dean drives up in the Impala across the street, He shuts off the engine and goes over and we see that it's the old Winchester house from his childhood. Dean banging on the door, He rings the bell two times as well and the porch light turns on and the door opens and it's Mary and she says "Dean." Dean just stares at her a few seconds, not believing his eyes. His voice is broken when he talks to her, on the verge of crying and says "Mom?" Mary says "What are you doing here? Are you all right?" Dean says "I don't know." Mary says "Well... come inside." Inside the Winchester house, Dean comes in and Mary closes the door and He can't take his eyes of her, Mary says "Sarah just called and said you just ... took off all of a sudden." Dean says "Sarah? Right. ... Let me ask you a question. When I was a kid, what did you always tell me when you put me to bed?" Mary says "Dean, I don't understand -" 

Dean says hard "Just answer the question." Mary answers and says "I told you angels were watching over you." Dean says "I don't believe it." He walks over and hugs her tightly and says "Honey, you're scaring me." Dean backs off "Now just tell me what's going on." Dean says "You don't think that wishes can, can really..." Mary says "What?" Dean says "Forget it," He hugs again " Forget it. I'm just uh... I'm happy to see you, that's all." He almost starts crying but pulls it together and releases the hug, looking down on Mary and says "You're beautiful." He laughs a little and Mary smiling says "What?" Dean clears his throat and says "Hey, when I was uh... When I was young was there ever a fire here?" Walking towards the wall, looking at the books and pictures and she says "No. Never." Dean says " I thought there was."

"