• 06 •

only three weeks had passed and minsu began to feel much more comfortable around chanhyuk. he would only visit him during lunch time but when he did spend time with him, he found it to be quite pleasant as he got used to all of chanhyuk's rude remarks. he realized chanhyuk's intention wasn't to be mean, he was just naturally a grump. and minsu didn't seem to mind that.

he found it quite interesting actually.

it made him feel all the more special when during very rare moments chanhyuk was actually kind to him. again, rare moments.

"I'm here!" minsu announces as he flings open the roof top door as per usual nowadays with a cheerful smile and a bag of his homemade bread for chanhyuk.

"unfortunately, you are." chanhyuk responds with and minsu pretends to look upset but he knew this was just the way chanhyuk joked and again, it wasn't hurtful but rather friendly in his eyes. it was proof the two were getting closer.

minsu waddled towards the older and took his seat next to chanhyuk, setting the lunch bag in the small space in between them that seemed to get smaller with every passing day.

"did you make it banana this time?" chanhyuk questions about the bread and minsu looks up at him, pausing his actions and at the same time, creating a confused look, "how'd you know?"

"uh....lucky guess?" chanhyuk answers suspiciously flustered as he scoots away from the younger slightly. he couldn't tell minsu he knew it was banana due to minsu's hair smelling of that fruit rather than his usual strawberry shampoo scent chanhyuk was familiar with. he'd think chanhyuk was weird for smelling his hair but he couldn't help it, minsu's height ended right below his nose.
it wasn't strange that he would catch a whiff of his scent every now and then, was it? with their height difference it shouldn't be.

"here." minsu offers with a kind smile as he hands chanhyuk a banana bread baked especially for him. chanhyuk took the bread without a thank you as he usually did, and took a large bite.

"why do you always scarf them down? you should savor the flavour!" minsu pouts as he watches chanhyuk easily devour his bread he put so much care into. gone within 5 seconds. chanhyuk gives him a simple shrug.

"it's going in my stomach either way. what difference does it make?"

"you eat like you're starving for days everytime I give you bread. is bread all you eat?" minsu inquires, curiously tilting his head.

chanhyuk doesn't answer but instead, continues to dine on banana bread like there's no tomorrow. minsu begins to stir the thought that chanhyuk could really only be eating from minsu and this began to worry him.

"have anymore?" chanhyuk asks nonchalantly after finishing his last serving, and minsu truthfully shakes his head no.

"how about we go eat at this pastry shop after school today! their bread there is way better than mine!" minsu offers with an excited glimmer in his eyes. if chanhyuk agreed this would be the first time they hung out other than lunch time.

"nah I'm good." chanhyuk says after a short sigh, patting his stomach with satisfaction, failing to spot minsu's disappointed face.

"well then at least let me come over to your house and cook for you. eating nothing but bread can't be good for you." minsu huffs, crossing his arms in almost a bratty manner. suddenly the mood gets tense when chanhyuk's expression turns from carefree to clearly bothered.

"no. it's fine, you don't have to do that."

"ah...okay." minsu responds softly, avoiding chanhyuk's stare. he felt like he had done something really wrong but couldn't quite figure out what.
"then...come over to my place! my mom works the night shift, we can stay up late, eat and play games, it'll be really fun!" minsu once again tables an offer, stubborn and still trying to spend more time with the older.

"you're not gonna give up till I agree to something aren't you?" chanhyuk says with a playful scowl and minsu giggles.
"I wouldn't be a good friend if I let you live off of convenient store bread."