• 07 •

two days had passed since the unique duo had agreed to share dinner and a movie at minsu's place and now it was friday, the agreed upon schedule where the fun night would take place. once he gave up the details to donggeon, he was teased mercily for making it sound like a date, which truthfully made minsu ten times more nervous about this than before.

but he managed to push all these childish worries aside as soon as chanhyuk entered his house. his expression looking as unbothered as ever which weirdly gave the younger a sense of comfort. it made him feel like he didn't have to be so nervous as this wasn't actually a big deal.

the two boys were standing in the living room in silence for some heavily awkward seconds before chanhyuk finally spoke up.
"where's the food?"

minsu was taken aback by the simple question."you make it sound like the food is the only reason you came."

"it is, pretty much." chanhyuk retaliates and minsu easily morphs his expression into that of an annoyed one.

"whatever, it's over here." minsu sighs as he brings chanhyuk to his dining room, where the two sat down and began to eat. yet chanhyuk couldn't really focus on the delectable food with the moping younger sitting across from him, childishly picking at his food with no interest of taking a bite.

"what's with you?" chanhyuk asks.

"nothing. just eat. that's all you came for right?" minsu huffs and reminds chanhyuk of an upset little kid who didnt get his way.
"well what did you think this was, a date?" chanhyuk asks casually and minsu shakes his head.
"no! I just wanted someone to play games with after dinner. It's boring here." minsu sighs, sadly and chanhyuk could tell minsu was trying to pull at his heart strings and guilt trip him into this trap. but he wasn't willing to fall into it just yet.

"don't you have an older brother? play games with him." chanhyuk says.

minsu pouts, "I would if I could but he's in college. he doesn't have time for me anymore. It used to be so much fun when he was around but now he's off, learning somewhere, forgetting all about me.." minsu sighs dramatically and chanhyuk can't help but roll his eyes.

"....what games did you have in mind?" chanhyuk finally gives in. with that sad pouty face minsu had on, who wouldn't give in?

minsu quickly lights up his entire demeanor as soon as chanhyuk asks him about the game. "a racing game I was born gifted in! it's really fun and if you play, I promise I wont rub my victories in your face too much." he smiles proudly.

chanhyuk once again rolls his eyes as he finishes off his meal. minsu is surprised to see a playful smirk crawl across the older's lips as he says steadily,
"fine, you're on."

"AH, WHAT! THE GAMES CHEATING!" minsu yells in disbelief as he tosses his remote controller for the 5th time since the boys started playing. chanhyuk only chuckles evily at minsu's sore loser tendencies.
"I was definitely in front of you, how'd you still win first place?" minsu demands an answer as he tugs on the older's steady arm who simply waits out minsu's mini fit.

"you weren't in front of me, I was in front of you by an entire lap." chanhyuk informs and as soon as he does, minsu gasps.

"there's no way...you can't be another naturally gifted racer! I thought I was the only one...you must be my rival." minsu sums up seriously as chanhyuk struggles to hold back a laugh, finding it cute how serious minsu was depicting all of this.

"I'm bored, let's do something else." chanhyuk suggests and minsu gives him a questioning look.

"like?" the younger asks.

"well, didn't you say we'd watch a movie?" chanhyuk responds and minsu jumps up from the couch they rested on.

"right! what movie are you thinking?" minsu asks as he grabs the TV remote, switching off his video games and on an application for movies.

chanhyuk's subconscious then slips an evil idea into his mind as a mischievous smile grows on his mouth.
"how about horror?"

the mood changes to one of sheer terror as minsu slowly turns around from facing the TV to his hyung.

"h-horror?"

"oh right, I forgot you're just a kid. just throw on some cartoons then." chanhyuk teases and of course, his task of upsetting minsu is pursued.
"I'm not a kid! I'm a man! we can watch a scary movie. we can watch the scariest movie there is! I don't care!" minsu swears with a brave look to hide his fear.

chanhyuk stands up, leaning unusually close to minsu, making the younger stumble back slightly as chanhyuk asks,
"really? you think you can take it?"

"y-yes I can! I'll take it like a man!" minsu answers bravely. yet his facade fades a bit when he sees that devilish grin on his hyung's face.

"oh I'm sure you will."