• 08 •

halfway into the movie and minsu was curled into a little ball clinging to the side of the older boy as the two resided on the couch of the now dark living room, due to chanhyuk insisting they turn off all the lights and leave nothing but the TV on. which of course only added to the terrifying mood. minsu had to hold back his screams every time a jump scare appeared and instead he just buried his face into chanhyuk's chest, at this point practically sitting in his lap.
"calm down, it's not even at the scariest part yet!" chanhyuk decides to warn the little shaking boy with his head against his chest.

"whose n-not calm?! i'm c-completely calm!" minsu says still hiding his face and chanhyuk can feel minsu's fists gripping his shirt trembling.

"hey, we don't have to watch this if you really don't want to." chanhyuk offers as he grabs both of minsu's smaller fists in his own hands, and minsu looks up, surprising the older who was at this point used to the sight of the top of minsu's head throughout the movie.

"I'm fine, seriously!" minsu insists as he gets ready to shuffle away from the elder, finally realizing how close they were and how he was practically in chanhyuk's arms. though he stops for a moment, pressing his hands that were already on the other's chest more firmly, and he begins to feel chanhyuk's heart beat. It was insanely fast, thumping against his chest so harshly, minsu wouldn't be surprised if it burst out.

"wow, you're the one whose scared! ha! and you were trying to make me seem like the scaredy cat, your heart's gonna stop at this rate. we should take this off then!" minsu says gladly as he pulls away from his hyung, failing to see the older's bright red face thanks to the dark as he reached for the tv remote.

"....I should go." chanhyuk says softly as he stands up from the couch, collecting his coat previously next to him but pauses after spotting the sulky minsu.
"really hyung? you're gonna leave me alone in my house at night after watching a scary Movie? I'm gonna cry." minsu says sadly as he stands up as well, gently wrapping his arms around his hyung who was too nervous to reject the gesture.

"please stay, we can eat ice cream.." minsu pleads as he looks up with the best puppy eyes he could muster.
chanhyuk chuckles in defeat as he warmly hugs the other back, something minsu was not expecting. minsu is naturally a very clingy person with the people he's comfortable with so this wasn't the first time he's hugged chanhyuk, but all the other times he was always shoved off and told he was being 'annoying'.

this was probably their first offical hug.

"what time is your mom gonna be home?" chanhyuk asks with a strangely soft tone, one that makes minsu jumble his words on his tongue.
" uh n-not u-until the morning." the smaller struggles to answer.

"fine, I'll stay with you a little longer." chanhyuk says, still not breaking the hug.