Chapter 15. He's leaving

Abiola's POV

I was seated on my bed with three dresses around me. My mom told me to pick one, but here I was remembering the kiss I had initiated with Tobi.

That was my first kiss ever. I don't know what had gotten into me even till now. It was yesterday the kiss happened and I've been avoiding him like the plague. The way he held on to my waist and kissed me was a new feeling I've never felt before, not in this life. I was scared he wouldn't kiss back and make me look like a fool but he did and his lips were just so soft against mine and juicy and plump. The way my hand got tangled into his short hair was something I could still feel. I unconsciously touched my lips and smiled, I still felt butterflies in my inner and lower part of my abdomen.

Konyii didn't let me rest. She kept on telling me "I told you so". To her I liked him, ok maybe I did, but I can't admit it. Not in this life. I looked at the clothes I was supposed to pick from, I wasn't really looking forward to this party, but I have no say.

"Abiola, your not done?, we have to be ready in two hours!" My mom screamed from the other side of the door. I still didn't pay attention to the dress, and my mom.

"I'm almost done." I shouted back, still not moving an inch from my position. I still needed to do my make up, take my bath and pick one and I have two hours. I could just make them let me stay home.

"Stand up right now and do what you have to do!" My mom scolded me, barging into my room. Crap! I thought I could escape this. Earlier today my mom made the driver drop me off at the cafe Ayo and I always meet up. She felt really bad for hitting me that hard, so she decided to go on the more safer side.

"Ughh, alright. Give me an hour in the bathroom." I groaned standing up and walking towards the bathroom, when my mom's frustrated voice stopped me.

"I give you fifteen minutes in that bathroom, if not I'll drag you out myself."

"You know, it feels nice to go to a party majestically late?" I told my mom, we'll more like asked her.

"You're not going to make us majestically late. Now, go into that shower, I give you fifteen minutes. One second more than that and I'm dragging you out."

"Ok, fine. Bye." I said as she began leaving me room. I guess I can't escape this.

I got into the shower after setting a timer. I have a habit of not wanting to go take a shower, but when I should eventually go into the shower, I won't come out unless I'm being called out. Good right?

After hearing the loud beep, I had intentionally made it loud, I came out of the bathroom after cleaning my body with my towel and then wearing my blue robe that had most of the cartoon characters on it. I removed the shower cap from my head, leaving me in my hair bonnet. Just then my mom barged in my room again.

"I thought you were still in there." She said hissing.

"Mom!" I said tightening the robe around my body.

"That's your business. Get ready fast! Your dad won't wait." She said that, probably to make me hurry. But I know if I'm not ready, my dad would wait for me.

I wore a matching bra and panties, before wearing a leggings reaching just below my knees, then sat in front of my dressing mirror. I began my make up. After almost an hour of brushing and painting, I was finally done. I had on a nude make up, which would go any any dress I picked, since I hadn't picked any yet. I stood up and took my robe off and started looking at the three dresses on my well arranged bed. Then heavens decided to send a helper and one of the maids, the one from before, I don't done her name, came in.