Chapter 33.

Abiola's POV

"Are you going to do double piercing for her?" Konyii asked Fikayo who was seated on her bed, resting her back as she fed Bella.

"I don't know, her dad might not want it." She said, referring to mine and Bella's dad.

"I'll do it for her, he can't get angry at me." I was using the advantage of the fact my dad knew deep down, I was still a little mad at him. Fikayo looked at me and nodded her head, I knew she wanted it too.

"Make it three, it's all on you." Konyii said.

"Nah, two is okay. When she grows and she wants more, I'll always do it for her." Fikayo shrugged placing Bella in my arms. I placed her carefully in her pink decorated cot and covered her body well. They would be leaving in the evening, so my mom was setting things up. I love my mom so much and no one can replace her. Many women out there won't help with anything, instead, it would be fight all day long. It didn't take long for my mom to accept her as a co-wife, something I won't be able to do and tolerate.

My mind drifted to Tobi, the big head had always asked how many babies I wanted and my reply was always, as many as I can have. He would always laugh and say he wants all of them to be girls and I would argue to have five boys and a girl or two girls. The first time I said that, his eyes bulged out of their sockets. I laughed so hard and he said I should never joke like that again, we still argued for more hours before he decided to ignore me.

My phone rang, bringing me out of my trance. It was Tobi.

"Hey baby!" He sounded happy, too happy.

"Did you win a lottery?" I asked, walking back to the FY1 quarters, where me and my colleagues stayed in the hospital.

"Good morning to you too and no I didn't. Is it bad to be really happy to speak to my baby?" I could see him rolling his eyes. He had grown that habit because of me.

"Well, we can't say. Has Tope gone to school?"

"Nope, she's still having cereals and using her phone." He said.

"Put the call on loud speaker." He did as told and I started. "Tope,
If you don't hurry up, I'll kick you all the way from here." I said aloud.

"Gosh, I'm done, I'm done." She said.

"Good." I had a satisfied look on my face as I walked into the staff room and closed the door behind me.

"She listens to you more than she does to me, what did you do to her?" Tobi asked, while I was walking to my desk.

"Nothing. What are you up to?"

"Done getting dressed for work. When you would leave today?" I heard shuffling of car keys.

"When they are discharged." I said opening up a file. We talked a bit more and said our goodbyes.

————————

"Madam! It's time to go!" I said, walking into the ward, really tired and frustrated from the whole day, very sure that I'll have missed calls from Tobi.

"What happened to you." My mom asked, while I walked towards Bella. I had washed my hands before coming, but still sanitized my hands before touching my sister's cheeks.

"I'm tired, just want to lay down on Tobi's bed, it's hard." My mom hissed and turned away. Konyii and I laughed at my mom's reaction. She always have different ones every single time.

"With the way you're always talking about his bed, is a baby  coming soon?" I whipped my head towards where my mom was and Konyii was trying so hard to contain her laughter.