Chapter 21.

Konyii'S POV

"I left the house for him." I blurted out.

"What happened?" Abiola asked, she always had genuine concern for me and I'm just really scared when she gets to find out what I'm cooking up. But one thing is that, she can't get angry at me for too long.

"He heard me talking to Ayo and said, if he sees him in his house, none of us would like it. Even mom was like, why would he say that, doesn't he want me to get married? He just shrugged his shoulders and said we won't like what he'll do. I'm not scared of him, but that stupid gun he has in his safe, I only need Nife to comply and help me crack his lock open, that's the only thing she's good at, besides causing trouble." We chuckled. My autistic baby sister is really good at opening passwords. She had once opened my dad's lock, which was when we knew he had a gun. I can't remember what made her open it, but I need to remember so I could make her open it and get rid of the gun. If I knew it would be used to threaten me one day, it would have been gotten rid off immediately.

"Your dad needs to be mentally checked, no offense." She added and I chuckled.

"None taken."

"But seriously, since he can't be convinced that that's who you love, we might as well get rid of the gun. But is that the only one he has? How did he even get it?" She asked. Honestly, I myself don't know. I missed the dad that would always make kite for me in a local way, saying that's how his kite was made then. He would use a plastic bag cut it in a kite shape and use garri to put it in place. We would both run around the park, with my mom sitting in the corner pregnant with my sister and watching us run around. Whenever she tells us it was time to go home, my dad would kiss her and tell her just a little more and she would accept. I always thought he was threatening her by kissing her. But with time, I realised that was a way to convince her. I missed how we would always make fun of my mom, whenever she started her weird pregnancy food, but in the end I always had a bite from it and would squeeze my face in disgust, but that never stopped me from going back again.

"I guess so. But I feel like, his mom hates my mom for some reason best known to her. She wasn't like this remember? She would always babysit us, whenever mummy and dad decided they wanted to spend the night alone and she would gladly babysit us and even make us sleep whenever we liked. But all of a sudden, she changed, started filling her son's head with stupid assumptions. Mostly calling my mom a witch for not having a male child. It's just....." I couldn't help the sob that broke out of my mouth.

"Shhh it's OK. That's her cup of tea, she's missing out on the enjoyment of taking care of you guys. She would come back around, she just needs some dose of sense." I finally laughed.

"What is dose of sense?" I was still smiling.

"Even I don't know." Abi giggled. "But how can we get rid of it? The gun I mean?" She looked determined. Even though she doesn't like coming over to my house, because my dad always made her feel uncomfortable, she was willing to do this for me.

"We need Nife, she would be able to crack it open. But then we need him out of the house." I said, looking at the small body of  water.

"OK, let's try it tomorrow." She said standing up. I nodded my head and we went inside.

Getting to Abi's room, she went to the bathroom. I saw her phone and picked it up, it had a missed call displayed on the screen.

I dropped her phone back on the bed and jumped on it myself, I couldn't tell Ayo what was going on with my dad. I don't want him thinking things that even I am scared to think about.

"Shey you're deaf?" Abiola asked me. I didn't even know when she came to sit in my front.

"What happened?" I asked, looking at my nails.