Chapter 34.

Dedicated to abiolakareem09 the literal owner of Abiola. Big sister loves you, she's just as annoying as Abiola.

Abiola's POV

"I don't think I can do this." I breathed out, rubbing my palms together. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. I was dressed in a white mermaid off the shoulder detachable bridal train dress.

A white scarf tied in a bun and another long one draped and pinned on it

A white scarf tied in a bun and another long one draped and pinned on it. A light nude make up on my face. A short silver sheets and a white feather bridal hand fan. I was fully dressed and all I was waiting for was for my mom to come and get me.

"Don't even try it." Konyii came closer to me, holding my shaky and sweaty hands. She was heavily pregnant at 7 months and could hardly move her swollen legs, she's with twins!

"I don't know, I'm just....." I said sitting down. Just then, my mom came in, she saw how distressed I was and walked faster.

"I can't." I whispered, face palming myself. My mom came and held my hands in her palms rubbing the back of my hand with her thumb.

"Baby girl, this should be your happiest day, one of them atleast, because, trust me, Tobi is a very good guy. I remember my wedding day too, I was really scared. I had boarded a cab to run away, but I was caught before I left the hall. Your dad was scared, thinking I didn't love him anymore. That wasn't the case, in fact, I loved and love him too much that I was scared and I regret trying to run away. He felt like I didn't love him, do you know how long it took before things went back to normal? I'm sure you don't. You also don't want Tobi thinking the same, so wipe those tears, so I can dance till I'm knocked out." I had to laugh at that. Every Yoruba woman's dream to dance her heart out on her child's wedding day.

"Oya, make up artists, come and touch this make up." Konyii said referring to the artists who stood but the corner. The artists who I learned her name was Florence, smiled and came to touch my make up.

"Stand up, we're going to the hall." My mom helped me to stand up and we walked out. The photographer was standing by the door. It was one of Konyiis cousins that was my photographer and my bride maids were Bola, Sandra, Tope and their friends, since I hardly made any friend. Konyii couldn't be part because of her large stomach. She was really angry at both Ayo, for getting her pregnant at this time and at Tobi, for proposing to me and wanting the wedding as soon as everything was set. Which my mom and Konyiis mom with Tobi's aunt- Aunt Jemilah- wasted no time in contacting all the wedding planners they knew.

I was asked to pose more than fifty times and I was getting tired, never in my life have I been this tired. It was probably because of the stress and nervousness, plus all the jewelry and everything on my body. I kept posing and posing until I decided to leave the place as they kept on telling me to change styles. I was getting tired when the real event hadn't even started.