Chapter Seven: X....?

...

Wait...

I quickly look over the edge to see my co-host falling...

Falling....

Falling....

His scarf came off, it was still on the Clift next to me...

I'm going to cry...

X... No...

My friend...

My best friend...

I cover my mouth with one of my hands. Tears start to form in my eyes. I couldn't have just lost him right...? Hehe.... Y-yeah! Dont think such bad things f- four! He's fine...! I grab a cluster of grass and his scarf tightly.

Just bad thoughts... That's all...

I hear footsteps behind me, I dont even bother looking behind me.

"Aww, what's the matter foury? Did your little boyfriend fall off?~"

Just the thought of that makes the tears stream down my face. My grip on the scarf gets tighter.

"Hehe, well, what a shame. You could have saved him you know? Oh wait, you're too WEAK. And dont worry, you'll be joining him soon...~"

Wait wha-
A sharp pain goes in my back. She stabbed me with the syringe. Its so much pain. Too much pain. I feel weaker.... And weaker... But.. It's not enough to make me fall, or... Die....? I shakily get up on my feet. I wipe away my tears and turn around. I feel a ooze drip from my eye and mouth. I dont care. I stare at Pencil. Pure hatred is full in my eyes. She looks... Confused?

"Wait... W-what..? Why didn't it work?!"

"I'm different from you, dumbass. Who says it would work on me?"

She looks in my eyes, and whispers ", I'm sorry," Before a greenish yellowish highlight forms around her, and the rest of the exitors that joined to watch shortly after. It was Two. Two went out of his way and threw the objects far, far away from the area. Firey had done left. It was just us now. I realize something and quick walk down the hill. Two follows me. I was running pretty much at this point, going to where X was. I hope he's okay. He must be! Maybe a few scratches or broken bones. But those can heal!

We find him shortly and.....

Oh my god....

OH MY GOD!-

NO!

I run over too him. Oh my god... I can't believe this... Its fake right? This is fake!... Right.......? I sit on my knees and lift up his now cold and dull body. I hug him, I can't help it. Tears are rolling down my face again. I already miss him....

 I already miss him

....

A few moments pass by and I agree its time we leave. I dont even think I could handle looking at him in that condition for any longer...

Me and Two decide to go back up on the hill. We sit down near the edge. I grab X's scarf and hold it in my hands for a bit.

"Heh... It's funny... I remember giving this to him a few days after we met..." I tell Two.

"Oh really? That's so nice. If you dont mind me asking, how did you two meet?" He replys.

I hesitate for a bit.

I decide to tell him...

//flash back//

An ordinary day at equation playground. Most numbers stay on the see saw, others go to the sandbox. While Four, Four did neither. Four would always stay near this tree. Its a tree that gives a nice amount of shade during the hot and warm summer days. Though.. That day was different for him. When he went to sit at his usual spot, he heard something above him, hiding between the branches and leaves. It sounded like they were crying.

"Hello? Is someone up there?"

The person gasped. Then replyed,

"U-uh... Y-yeah..!"

"What are you doing all the way up there?"

"U-uhm.. I can tell you, b-but you can't tell any other expression!"

"I won't! I promise!"

Silence...

"So... Are you coming down?"

"O-oh! Right um... I may need a little help, if you dont mind that is-"

"I dont mind! Here, I'll catch you."

"Alright..."

The person was slowly coming down to a position they could jump out in. Then, well, they did.

"See! I caught you! And oh geez, you look hurt!"

"Uh yeah... Anyway, let me introduce myself. I-im X!"

"I'm Four! It's nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too! Anyway, I'll explain some things.."

'It turns out X had been bullied often by larger numbers and variables. Which is why he usually had cuts, bruises, and lots of band-aids on. He was really nice though, I never understood why he got bullied by them.'

"Oh geez, well if it makes you feel better, I won't hurt you!"

"R-really?"

"Yeah! In fact, you could be my friend! If you want too, that is."

"Of course! Thank you!"

'After that, we did so many fun things together, like me helping him find his value, we made flower crowns together, and well, us coming here to host bfb! Even if I acted a little rough on him at first, I still cared about him. I just, sort of wanted to set a good example of a Good Host to the contestants. No wonder he went on your side, Two..'

// end of flash back??-//

"Wait, what?"

"You seem like such a better person to him than I was. Heck, I even tore his leg off since I got mad at him. Those past events is probably what made him want to go host at tpot."

"And he would of stayed if you didn't come and steal him-"

"Hey! I missed him okay!"

"Haha! I was joking!"

"Heh... But now its just too much to handle. So much has happened today. I still dont want to accept the fact he's gone..."

"I know its hard, but we can pull through this! It may take some time, but things can get better.."

"... Thanks, Two.."

"No problem!"

I put X's scarf around my neck (???)  and sat with my arms around my legs with my chin (???) on my knees.

                                             "I hope things will get better..."

......

How and why did I almost start crying writing this omg-

And aauughwwhh why did the 4x parts seem so CHEESY AAAA-

I am disappointed in myself for the 100000 time hh-

Also the whole meeting thing isn't really part of the main story in the au,its sort of just a thing ive been thinking about and well, I sorta just wrote it in,,✨

Despite this looking sort of like an ending, there are many chapters to come! Just to say....

.Love......
..Brain.....
...Heart....
....Control...
.....Caffinate..
......Melotonin.

Alright y'all should already know this lemme just publish this and-