A family dinner

It's been a few days since you've been back, and it's been amazing. You've mainly stayed in the bunker, not wanting to hunt just yet. Dean had Sam had gone off on a hunt three days ago, and where due to be back today. You had gotten an amazing idea, and decided to make a large family dinner with the help of Cas and Jack. At some points Cas would watch you teach Jack, how do to certain things. If you where honest you had grown attached to the young boy, you had learned a lot about him.

Even helped him control his powers, and learn more about them. The two of you had grown quite the bond, and everyone could see that. At one point Crowley and Rowena came to visit, and you where surprised that no one committed a murder. But now you where planning a dinner, you wondered how long everyone could go without killing each other. Currently Cas sat at the table, watching you and Jack. As you taught him how to put together, your famous apple pie.

"Alright Jack, just finish cutting the apples. While I fix up the crust. And once you've finished that, we'll mix them up with that filling we made." You said.

Jack nodded "Alright." He said, grabbing one of the apples. He started to cut it carefully, making sure not to cut himself.

You smiled and looked back at Cas who was watching the two of you, you tilted your head "What?" You questioned.

He smiled softly "Just admiring you, and how come.we need so much food. You know I don't eat, same with Crowley." He said.

You smiled "You know how much Dean eats, the man is practically married to food." You said.

Moving away from the pie crust to check the steaks in the oven, you turned the oven off. And closed it, you then moved to Jack who was placing the apples in the mixture.

You smiled "Nice job Jack." You said.

He looked back at you and smiled happily "Thank you Y/n." He said.

You smiled and nodded "Now, I'm gonna show you the way to make my amazing potatoes." You said.

Jack's eyes lit up with excitement, and he looked over at Cas "Are these the amazing potatoes Dean used to always talked about?" He asked.

You looked over at Cas who nodded "Yes, he would always try to recreate the recipe. But always failed, Sam even helped out. But they could never perfect the recipe, it was amusing to watch." Cas said.

Jack nodded "He ran around like....a headless chicken." He said, a smile growing on his face.

You smiled "Well Jack, lucky for you. You get to learn how to make, my amazing potatoes. So make sure you pay very close attention." You said.

He quickly nodded, and watched carefully as you explained everything. Even letting him do some of the work, the more time you spent with the boy. The more the bond you two had grew, and you where glad for that.

•~•

A bit while later everything was finished, you had pushed some tables together in the library. The boys had gotten back relatively an hour ago, and of course they both smelled like blood mixed with sweat. You sent them off to get cleaned up, before dinner. Dean of course complained till you mentioned pie, he quickly dashed off. While the boys cleaned up Cas had helped you with dishing up the plates, with of course the steak along with mashed potatoes and corn. Using your grace you lifted the plates, carefully bringing them to the library.