Raise

Y/n's POV

Lunch break finally ended and I was heading back to the shooting room, until I got a tex from Mr. Kim.

Mr.Kim: Hi Y/n , can u come to my office please?

I stared freaking out badly, did I do something bad? No of course I didn't! I've been a good girl this whole time right? Oh no I hope I'm not fired already!

Y/n: Yes Mr. Kim, I am on my way.

Eeeeekkkkk I'm starting to freak out! How am I going to tell Lyssa I cant pay for rent anymore?! Uggghh. Let's go Y/n.

I started walking to his office already almost at his door. I hesitated knocking on the door. *knock knock*

"Come in!" I heard Mr. Kim say. I opened the door and saw him looking at pictures that I took a few hours ago, even from last week. "Ah Y/n, just as I expected. Please come and sit down." He pointed at a seat in front of his desk and I sat down.

"Look sir I'm sorry if the pictures are bad ok? I'll do better, just please don't fire me." I said almost all that in a pleading. Then he started........... laughing? "Um sir, I don't think I said anything funny."

"Oh Y/n, don't worry, I'm not going to fire and u are NOT doing a bad job on taking the pictures. I was just going to tell u that u have been doing so well I thought I'd give u a raise." He said chuckling a little. I turned red from embarrassment. Oh gosh that was so embarrassing.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Kim it's just that I haven't been called to ur office at all. The only time I come here is when I check in at 8am."

"Ah yes u are correct about that, maybe I'll call u in often so we can talk about the photos and about how they were taken."

"Yes sir I would like that. It would be better to discuss with u about the photos then to just let them be edited without much feedback." He nodded and then got an envelope from his drawer.

"Here Y/n, this the raise, and since tomorrow is Friday which u don't have work tomorrow, u can use it and have a good day tomorrow." I smiled and said thank u to him.

" Um sir how much is in here by the way?" I asked.

"Open it and see for yourself." I nodded and opened it.

"WH AT?!" My eyes almost came out of my sockets. I was shocked by how much this check held. "$15,000? Don't u think that's a little to much? Oh who am I kidding. Don't u think this is TOO much?"

He started laughing again. "Y/n, u have been the best photographer we have had for a while. And to be honest, u are a great editor too, I know it's been around 4 and a half weeks u hav even working and u are already getting a big raise but u just have amazed me, u have been amazing to other people as well. Hell, even other companies have asked me if they can have u as their photographer and of course I said no cause u are our best and only one we have. So, thank u for be here with us, and hope u can stay with us for a long time Y/n."

I don't why but I was touched with what he said to me, it's true I've only been here for only about 4 and a half weeks, but I have been working so hard and making sure that everything looked perfect. I will never leave this place because I have gotten use to it and I feel like I've become part of the family.

"Thank u so much Mr. Kim." I said sniffling. "I promise I'll never leave Kim Corp." I started chuckling lightly. Then I was pulled into a hug.

"Ha we hope u never leave." He patted my back and we both pulled away. "Now. Let's get back to work shall we?"

I smiled at him. "Yes of course Mr. Kim." We walked out of the office and went to the shooting room.

"Ah Y/n, u go ahead I forgot my glasses in the office."

"Ok Mr. Kim I'll go." I started walking until I was almost at the room, until someone bumped into me. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry I didn't see u."

"Ugh u better be sorry. Watch where ur going next time." I thought it was Grayson at first but it was a woman's voice I looked up at her and it was a model type blonde with a nice white dress that looked messed up and her lipstick was smeared. Even her hair looked messy.

"Hey what are yo-" I then saw Grayson walking out of the room too. He had some lipstick on his lips and his hair was messy too. WAIT. WERE THEY- EWWWWW.

"Um I'll go now." I walked away as fast as I can and luckily I got there on time.

"Hey Y/n! Why u outa breath?" I looked up and saw Ethan again. Does he ever leave this room?

"Um h-hey E-Ethan."

"Ok um why were u running?"

"Um I just saw a blonde girl and Gra-"

"Y/n! I need ur help with something real quick." I turned around and saw Trinity.

"Hey Trin um ok lead the way then. See ya in a bit E!" I waved off.

Time skip

It was a bit dark when I got back to the apartment. I saw Lyssa laying on the couch watching TV.

"Hey Lys, how was work?"

"Ugh there were a lot more people today than usual. What's so special? Like seriously there's no holiday!" She sounded irritated which made busy out laughing.

"U silly! It's the weekend, people usually go places u know?"

"Ah ur right."

"By the way I have news!"

"WhAT is it??"

"I got a raise today and u and I got the day off tomorrow sooooo??"

"We hangin tomorrow?!" She yelled excitedly.

"YES! Where do u want to go tomorrow?"

"The beach the beach!" She sounded like a five year old excited that she was going to get a puppy.

"Okway sounds good Lyssa!"

"Hey Y/n, how much did ur boss give u?" I handed her the envelope and she had my same reaction.

"THATS A BIG RAISE!!"