Beach

"Satori stop it!" You cried out, covering your face with your hands as the cold water from the ocean crashed against your body.

"Don't be a stick in the mud (Name)," Satori frowned in your direction.

The beach was fun. Everyone was smiling, the sun mercilessly beating down on your form as you stood in the water, the cold liquid gently rushing past your thighs. You were currently in the water with Satori (who dragged you in) while others were busy just bathing in the sun, a few of them playing beach volleyball, Wakatoshi included. You and the team decided it would be fun to go to the beach together, because who doesn't love an innocent day at the beach? You had all booked your own rooms at a nearby hotel that was practically next to the beach, Satori still splashing water all over your form with a playful smile.

"I didn't sign up to get drenched," You sighed in defeat, Satori finally stopping as he glanced at you with a puzzled look plastered on his face. "What?"

"New bathing suit?" Satori pointed out with an irritating grin, "Trying to impress a certain someone, huh (Name)?"

"As if," You lied, spinning around, your face flushed a bright red. You wore simple black trunks, nothing too impressive but it was definetly an upgrade from your last swimming attire.

It wasn't your fault you were trying your best to look good for the dense captain.

"Mmhm," Satori chuckled. Ignoring the sound, you turned to face the volleyball game, Wakatoshi was wearing a swim suit too, a white and lavender color as if he were repping Shiratorizawa. His top half of his body was exposed as the sunlight glistened on his sunscreened body, and you couldn't pry your eyes away from the olive haired male's toned figure.

"(Name) don't stare it's rude," Satori bantered with a small chuckle.

Rolling your eyes at the red head's comment, you turned to face the blocker. You were going to ask him for advice, (probably the first and last time you'd ever do that), "Should I go talk to him?"

Satori's eyes widened in surprise. "Obviously (Name)! Go for it," He cheered, shoving you forwards.

"But what do I say?" You grumbled, slightly nervous about talking to him.

"Just ask him if he wants to go for a walk or something."

"O-Okay," You huffed, with a deep sigh before you slowly strode forwards towards Semi and Ohira who were laying on chairs, eyes shut close.

"(Name), why do you look so nervous?" Semi gently laughed, a small smile tugging at his lips- which was a rare sight. It wasn't often that he didn't have his normal scowl expression painted on his face, and only one eye was open before he spoke, "Lighten up. We're at the beach for a reason."

"Y-Yeah," You sheepishly rubbed the back of your neck with an awkward smile, "Thanks Semi."

"Mmhm," He hummed in acknowledgement, before sitting back against his chair, relaxing into the warmth of the sun.

"Wakatoshi!" You blurted out, and the ace turned around to face you, beads of sweat trickling down the sides of his face as he jogged towards you, a decent range from the game that was still taking place.

"Do you need something (Name)?"

"I was wondering if-"

"Ushijima, are you done yet?" Shirabu called out.

"I'm coming," He responded in his normal deep tone as he turned around, "I'll talk to you later (Name)."

"Y-Yeah," You mumbled, watching as his muscular form almost immedaitely resumed the game. You slowly turned around, walking back to Satori who apologetically glanced at you.

"It's alright (Name)! We all get rejected sometimes," Satori grinned, with a hearty laugh.

"I wasn't rejected," You frowned at the obnoxious red head.

~

The whole day passed, and you made various attempts to talk to the olive haired male, but it seemed although he were too captivated with volleyball. As you threw on a different pair of pants with a t-shirt, you walked out of your hotel room. It was already late at night, and you could tell that the majority of the people who were playing volleyball had wasted their energy, as they had already fallen asleep. You read a review that the view of the ocean at night was nothing short of beautiful, but you would be the judge of that. As you pulled the door to get out of the hotel, you walked down a short flight of stairs to find yourself on the beach. The gentle wind of the night raced past your face as you slowly walked forwards towards the water. The moon reflected it's light off of the dark blue water, and you stared out far into the distance, the bright glimmering of stars shining down on the beach. You smiled at the breathtaking sight as your hands shoved themselves into your pockets, a small exhausted sigh parting from your lips as you lost yourself in a sea of thoughts.

"(Name)?"

A deep voice made you freeze up, as you didn't bother to face the sound.

"Hey Wakatoshi."

"What are you doing out here?" Wakatoshi asked, slowly walking up next to you as he stood close.

"Nothing," You shrugged, "How did you know I was out here?"

"Satori told me that you were acting off," Wakatoshi stated in response, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," You shrugged.

"What did you want to talk to me about earlier?" Wakatoshi redirected the conversation.

"Nothing."

"Okay."

Of course you were lying. It would be painfully obvious to anyone other than the captain that there was something on your mind- that being you wanted to spend time with him at the beach, but you were sure he would never figure it out.

As if the boy standing next to you were a mind reader, he spoke. "I would like to spend time with you tomorrow during the evening."

Your eyes slightly widened at his request, before a smile formed on your face. "I'd love that, Wakatoshi."