Chapter 13

This Fanfiction contains spoilers from the whole of S1 of The 2020 Netflix show, The Babysitters Club. It also involves you as a character reading Kristy's letter. You will be 'y/n' in the story. In this story you're a girl so I'm really sorry if that's not the case!

Recap: Y/n gets a letter from Kristy, delivered by her brother Sam.

Mum: Who was it?

Y/n: Oh? Oh. No one.

Y/n's POV

Kristy is upset at herself? Why would she be?

End POV

Y/n opens the letter and reads it. Tears spring to her eyes. Kristy knew and didn't say anything? Blood rushed to her face. But she was saying sorry now. She decided she would go over to the emergency meeting at Kristy's house. Maybe she'd even get to see Sam there. Wait what? Why was y/n thinking about Sam! God that boy gets in her head!

Y/n puts on the following outfit.

She puts her hair into two dutch braids like the following

She rushes to Kristy's house, with a mix of emotions. Anger, then sorrow, then happiness all at once. What would she say? Would they even want to listen?

When she reaches, she rings the bell and the gate opens. She's greeted by Mrs Thomas-Brewer. She smiles and lets Y/n in. Kristy rushes down the stairs and greets Y/n.

Kristy: Hey...

Y/n: Hey.

Kristy awkwardly leans in for a hug and Y/n goes in for a handshake. They alternate it until they settle for a quick hug.

Kristy: I'm really sorry. I mean I-

Y/n: It's...okay. Don't worry. *smiles a small smile*

Kristy: *smiles back*

They both walk up and Kristy enters the room, motioning for Y/n to stay put outside. Kristy goes in and start explaining the girls.

Kristy: Um hey girls.

Mary Anne: *smiles* hey kris. So what was this meeting for??

Stacey: Yeah.

Claudia: You seemed...very...upset? I don't know...

Dawn: I think I do. It's about Y/n isn't it?

Claudia: AGAIN?

Stacey: She's terrible we know already! You win we get it!!

Kristy: No...no...no!

Mary Anne: I should go...

Dawn: NO!

Kristy: Girls listen!!

Claudia: 5 minutes.

Stacey: That's all we give.

Kristy: Y/n didn't make a mistake!

Dawn: Mmhmn...*rolls eyes*

Claudia: What?

Stacey: We saw CCTV footage!

Kristy: Which was fake. So was what Mrs.Lawn said.

Claudia: what do you mean exactly??

Dawn: Y/n only followed what Mrs.Lawn told her!

Mary Anne: How do you know??

Dawn: She said so! And I trust her!

Stacey: How could we trust her over an adult??

Kristy: Dawn is telling the truth...I followed Y/n that day...I heard. I even looked back at CCTV footage to be sure...Y/n is innocent.

Claudia: So we were...mean to her...

Stacey: ...For no reason...

Mary Anne: I feel awful now...

Dawn: Right *rolls eyes*

Kristy: Dawn stop rolling your eyes. And...I invited Y/n...so you could talk to her...

Mary Anne: *sucks in breath* oh.

Stacey: I guess it'd be a chance to apologise...?

Kristy: Y/n *calls out* Come in!

Y/n: You sure they want to listen? Or do they want some CCTV footage of me talking??

Mary Anne twiddled her thumbs and Claudia nervously wiggled in her seat. Stacey just closed her eyes in guilt. Dawn sighed and called Y/n in.

Dawn: Yeah they'll listen.

Y/n enters the room, twirling her right braid around her finger.

Y/n: so I presume Kristy told you?

Everyone waited a beat, unusure of weather to speak. The anger they once felt fading into newfound fear of not being forgiven. Mary Anne, despite being more timid than the rest, decided to speak up first.

Mary Anne: I-i-i don't know you as well as Dawn, Y/n , but when I first met you, you were amazing. (Y/n mutters to herself: see the use of were?) I kind of heard that...*sighs* You are amazing. I-i just loved the way you livened everything up. But then Mrs.Lawn told us that you did something terrible. I didn't want to believe it but there was this CCTV footage-

Y/n: I still don't get how CCTV footage tells you anything??

Stacey: Mrs.Lawn told us a different order of milk! She lied. Obviously we know now.

Mary Anne: So, cutting to the chase, she lied and we fell for it. I don't know if you'll ever forgive us, but feom the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry. We should have trusted our friend over this adult who talked down to us, showed signs of not liking you, and whom we barely knew. I'm sorry for not believing you. I'm sorry for not listening.

Claudia: And Y/n, I don't think I could top Mary Anne's flawless apology, but I'm sorry too, which is why, I made you something...

Y/n: What is it??

To be continued...😜

This chapter was way longer than my others so I've decided to end it here as a cliffhanger 😌😳☁️💫

Thanks so much for reading!! 🤍💫☺

Next part coming soon!

Keep reading and voting!!