Chapter 25

Y/n: S-Sam...what are you doing here?

Sam: Oh Rob has some cool new video games, the zombie ones! Had to come over!

Robert: Duh! 

Y/n: *glares at Robert* I'm so sorry, the house is a mess, Robert, didn't tell me anyone was coming over. 

Sam: Oh don't worry about it, I live with 3 siblings and 2 step-siblings. A messy home is something I'm bound to be used to. 

Y/n: Well...uh...come in?

Rob: Yea my room's upstairs. Lets go.

Sam follows from behind and Y/n just moves aside, dusting flour from her apron. Sam walks up the stairs but just as Robert is away from sight, he looks back and gives her a quick glance - a glance which just so happens to go unnoticed by Y/n. 

Robert: SAM COME ON!

Sam: Yeah coming!! Wait up!

The two are upstairs playing video games for hours, before Y/n, who has taken a shower and made her brownies, goes upstairs. She's wearing a sweater with leggings and her hair is in a high ponytail. 

Y/n: Just popped in to ask, did anyone want brownies? Lana isn't home so more for us! *grins*

Robert: We'll come down later!

Sam: Well actually, we've been playing for hours. Lets just go down for a bit? It is time for lunch.

Y/n: Great then, I'll order some pizzas. Any preferences?

Robert: I want-

Y/n: Only cheese, yes, I know.

Sam chuckles in the background. Y/n turns to face Sam. 

Y/n: So, what about you?

But Sam just continues staring, without saying a word. A few seconds pass until y/n waves her hand in front of his face. 

Y/n: Earth to Sam?

Sam: Oh! Uh...anything will do...

Y/n: Sure um...be down in about 20.

Robert: Yea.

Y/n leaves, shutting the door. Robert looks at Sam. 

Robert: What was that?

Sam: What was what?

Robert: Dude, it's obvious! 

Sam: What's obvious? *acting oblivious*

Robert: Don't act. You like my sister?

Sam: *shrugs* I don't know what you're talking about. She's 13. And your sister.

Robert: Hmm...sure.

They head downstairs and see the plate of brownies. The chocolatey smell is wafting through the whole house. Robert grabs one, but Y/n slaps his hand away. 

Y/n: Nuh-uh. Wash your hands Mr sneaky!

Sam: *chuckles*

Robert: *washes hands then wipes on his shirt* There. Now gimme some!

Y/n: Sam, are you sure you want to be friends with him? 

Sam: I know...been thinking about running *grins*

Robert: *glares* Ha Ha very funny. NOW BROWNIES 

Y/n and Sam chuckle. She offers them both some brownies then grabs one for herself.

Author's Note:

HOLY CRAP ALMOST AT 5K? I NEVER EXPECTED THIS BOOK TO GO THAT FAR! I'M SO GREATFUL TO EVERYONE WHO READS IT! MANY MORE CHAPTERS TO COME! THANK YOU!