6

'I'm ashamed of you, Jaemin

'I'm ashamed of you, Jaemin. You promised me. You promised me that you won't do it again.' She got up. 'Why?'

'I...I'm sorry.' He sobbed.

'Jaemin, a simple sorry won't work.' She explained. 'I...I'm giving you...one more chance...just one more. If you do that again...then you're not my son.' She stormed off.

'Mom...' He called out, but she ignored him.

He rubbed his face in frustration and with tears coming out of his eyes, he made his way to his room in her house, and fell asleep.

'Good morning!' Eunji smiled, walking up to the dining table where her mom was reading something on her phone and Jaehyun was serving pancakes for breakfast.

'Eunji, go clean Bella's poop.' Jaehyun said.

'Wow, good morning to you too, Jaehyun oppa.' She muttered and followed what her brother said.

After cleaning, she washed her hands and had her breakfast.

She was wearing her shoes, when the doorbell rang. Her mom went to open it, and saw Jaemin standing outside.

'Oh, hi Jaemin. Wait, I'll call Eunji.' She said. 'Eunji! Your boyfriend is here!' She called out.

'What?' Eunji asked, as she started walking towards the door. 'Jaemin? What are you doing here?' She asked. 'And mom, he's not my boyfriend.'

'I thought that I'll go to school with you...since I happened to pass by your house when I was going.' Jaemin said, and Eunji raised her brows.

'Okay.' She said, as she slung her bag on her shoulder and started walking out with him.

'Your eyes are puffy.' She said as they walked, not even sparing a glance at him.

'Really?' He asked. She nodded. 'Yeah...Um, I couldn't...sleep.'

'Don't lie.' She muttered.

'Huh?'

'Don't lie to me. I know you cried all night.' She said.

'No. I didn't.' He said. 'You don't know anything about me, so stop making assumptions for God's sake!' He snapped.

'Wha-'

'Fuck off, Eunji.' He stormed off.

'What the hell, Jaemin! Don't vent out your anger on me!' She yelled, but he ignored her.

*

Eunji sat quietly on her seat and suddenly, she felt something hit her head. She turned around to see a paper ball on the ground.

She picked it up and unrolled it, reading the text that was written.

I'm sorry for snapping at you...I really am. Pls don't get angry at me.

~Jaemin

She smiled and turned behind to look at him, who was sitting blankly, staring into space.

Their eyes met and she smiled at him, indicating that she wasn't angry.

*

School was finally over and the two were sitting in the library.

'Jaemin...how about we go to my house...since we also need to do our English assignment.' Eunji asked.

'Yeah, I guess you're right.' He said, picking up his bag. 'Lets go.'

They exited the school building and started walking.

The walk home was quiet and Jaemin looked down at his shoes. His hands slowly wrapped around Eunji's wrist and he expected her to look at him, but she didn't. Instead, she intertwined their fingers.

 Instead, she intertwined their fingers