Planning

Evie

Niall and I had been engaged for a week. Wedding planning at the age of seventeen was difficult. Niall and I hadn't set a date, but it was going to be sometime in December of next year. It was the end of September now, and three months didn't seem like enough time to plan a wedding.

Niall had taken me to a bookstore and I bought a ton of wedding magazines. When we told the fans, they were less than thrilled. There were a few who sent in congratulations.

We were having an engagement party with our close friends and family in a week. Mr. and Mrs. Hood were coming for a few days. Calum, Ashton, Luke, and Michael were flying in as well. I was finally going to meet Niall's family.

I was nervous about meeting his family. They knew nothing except what they heard on the news. Niall couldn't put in my good light after that. Somehow, he still loved me. Somehow, he still wanted to marry me.

I admired my ring for the millionth time. Niall had great taste. We would have to find wedding rings before the ceremony. I just didn't know how to top the engagement ring.

I sat on the floor beside the coffee table. I had magazines spread across the table. I put my head on the table. I was never going to figure out all of the details. How many entrees should I have? How many people should we invite? How were we supposed to keep the location and date a secret from the Directioners?

That was my biggest fear. I didn't want twelve year old girls finding out where my wedding was and then crashing it. My wedding day was supposed to be special and romantic. However, Directioners had a tendency to ruin them. The good ones, though, I knew wouldn't do that. The bad ones, on the other hand, would take my moment and crush it.

It was all very nerve-racking. I hadn't been to see my new therapist since I came. Considering I only had three weeks left, Niall and I decided I would go on Saturday, before I went dress shopping. I didn't want to go. But, I had been so stressed since I started planning that even I decided to go.

"Too much planning?" Niall set a mug of hot chocolate in front of me. He sat behind me on the couch.

"Did you know that the colors we pick for our wedding say something about us?" I told him.

"They do?" Niall took a sip of his drink.

"Apparently. Are we more sweet and sensitive or flirty and spontaneous?"

"Neither? Is that the right answer?" He started laughing. He took one of the magazines and started flipping through it.

"You know you can't buy all of these dresses?" He lightly tapped a magazine on my head. I blinked at him.

"I know that." I said. "I get one. And you don't get to come to find it. I'll have to find one by myself." I stood up and went to the kitchen. Niall had forgotten the sprinkles and whipped cream on my hot chocolate.

"By yourself?" He followed me. "Why? You have lots of friends."

"That are male." I grabbed the whipped cream out of the fridge.

"What about..." He tried thinking about it, but stopped when he realized I was right.

"I'm not even going to have any bridesmaids." I dumped a bunch of sprinkles on the whipped cream.

"You can have the guys' girlfriends." Niall suggested.

I set my mug down before it even touched my mouth. "Right. I'm going to ask girls I've never met to be in my wedding. No thank you."

"Evie, please. I don't want you to not enjoy your wedding day."

"I'm going to enjoy it, Niall. You know I am. It's just that I don't have any friends I want in my wedding. I'm not asking Mrs. Hood to be my bridesmaid." I walked back to the coffee table.