Safe in my arms

TW // mentions of abuse - physical abuse, domestic abuse

———————————————————

We arrived at my house, I parked my bike and went to open the door for Trixie.

"Madame."

I said jokingly as i held the door open for her. She let out a little huff, grinning.

"Thank you."

She said as she grabbed the sides of her dress and tried to plié, before walking through the door. I closed the door and we laughed about it for a while.

"Let's take a look at your arm huh?"

"Katya, that's really not necessary I'm used to it."

"Used to what? Does he do this to you often?"

"I mean, he always grabs me, when he gets mad."

"Jesus, has he ever hit you?"

"Umm."

"Trixie, please tell me, this is not fine."

"Yeah... only sometimes tho."

"Trixie even if it was 'only sometimes' it doesn't make it okay."

"I'm his wife I should just listen to him..."

"Trixie, my god."

I went to hug her. How can she think this is normal?

"You are entitled to speak up to him, you shouldn't be beat up for standing up for yourself."

"Katya I know, it's just so hard you know, I'm usually so scared of him, I don't usually do this, but tonight I had enough and I didn't even say anything like that I just.."

"Honey I know you didn't, look at me, I'm here for you okay? You know that I can always help you out whenever you want, if you need to move out and don't have no where to go you can always stay here okay?"

"I can't accept this, you're too sweet."

"I'm not, you deserve to be treated like the amazing and kind person you are, this is the least I can do for you."

"I can't ever thank you enough for this."

"Don't worry about that, I'm glad I can be here for you."

"Thanks, Kat."

She put her arms around my waist clinging onto me. I was so sad she's through this in the first place, I just held her tight for a while sitting there in my kitchen. I can't stand seeing her hurting by this. Just because of some neglectful abusive man with a hungry ego.