Chapter 13

"Why are there so many cars outside?"

She whispered in Ivan's ear as soon as they got out of the car.

"Shit. My parents probably invited the whole family. I'm sorry Vik, I didn't know."

Ivan said and Elisa kissed his cheek.

"It's okay, don't worry about it."

She said and the two started walking. Ivan had his hand on the small of her back as he guided her inside. When he rang the doorbell a middle-aged woman opened the door and immediately hugged Ivan.

"Мой мальчик! Я так по тебе скучал. (My boy! I've missed you so much.) "

The woman said and Elisa understood that it was probably his mother.

"Кто эта красивая женщина? (Who is this beautiful woman?)"

His mother asked giving a warm smile to Elisa.

"Mom this is Viktoria, Viktoria this is my mom."

Ivan said and gestured at the two women. Ivan's mother gave Elisa a tight hug as well before kissing both her cheeks.

"Welcome dear, you can call me Ana, or mom whatever you want."

The woman said and Elisa gave her a big and bright smile. The two went inside, there were about 10 people in total there. Some of them had mutual features with Ivan whereas a couple looked like complete strangers.

"Ivan! I didn't know you would come."

A young woman screamed and jumped on him. Elisa raised an eyebrow at him since they didn't look related. However, he ignored her completely so she just left them there and looked around.

"Ivan's date right?"

She heard a male voice ask her.

"Uhm yeah. You are?"

She asked not recognising him.

"I am his super cool and awesome cousin he never talks about."

He said and winked at her. Elisa laughed a little, from the way he talked he reminded him of Arianna. They both seemed bubbly and fun.

"Well, I am Viktoria nice to meet you."

She said and smiled.

"Nikolas, but you can call me anytime."

He said and winked again. Elisa started laughing as he chuckled as well.

"That was pathetic."

She said and her laughing increased.

"Well it gets me dick and pussy, if you know what I'm saying."

He said and nudged her with his elbow.

"I like you Nik, you are fun."

She said and smiled. She was letting loose after a lot of time of pretending to be someone else.

"Back to you babe."

He said and sipped his drink. Elisa's eyes landed on Ivan who was still talking with the girl from before.

"Who is she?"

She asked pointing at the woman next to Ivan.

"Alexandria. Her and Ivan were childhood best friends and they dated for some time but she's still in love with him. Total homophobic bitch hate her ass."

He said and rolled his eyes.

"Why is she dressed like a church girl though? Don't get me wrong I am Catholic but like you don't go to a dinner like that."

Elisa said and pointed at the girl's outfit.

"Now listen sweetie, in Russia most of us are Orthodox. There two kinds of church people, the true homies who believe that we are God's creations and we shall all be treated with love and the losers like Alexandria who are homophobic, xenophobic, anti-Semitic, islamophobic and the list goes on."

He said and Elisa was now pissed. She hated these kinds of people she thought they were fake believers. When Jesus Christ walked on earth he clearly stated that everybody deserved to be loved, no matter their colour, race, sexual preference or religion. Many times she hated that The Church usually twisted his words and made people believe such profanities.

"What's your opinion on marriage?"

Elisa asked him as she found his views interesting and she wanted to talk about their beliefs and exchange opinions.

"I believe that marriage has become clearly commercial. For example, which bride will have the best dress, the most beautiful church and the most fun after party."

Nikolas said and Elisa nodded.

"I believe you are completely right. In my opinion, I will talk about Christians since I haven't looked into other religions enough to make a comment, marriage in a church, the traditional one should be done only by believers. It is something holy that I think shows fate to who we believe is God. I would like to get married in a church but if my opinions change, I will gladly get married in a simple venue or in the city hall. "

She said and Nikolas nodded in agreement. Before they could utter another word Ivan and Alexandria appeared.

"Viktoria this is my childhood friend Alexandria, Alexandria this is Viktoria."

Ivan said and Alexandria held her hand out for Viktoria to shake, but Viktoria just gave her a sarcastic smile. Once Nikolas saw Viktoria's face he let out a laugh.

"What are you laughing at? You will burn in hell as will all other homosexuals."

Alexandria said and Elisa blinked to understand wether she imagined that or if it really happened.

"Buon Dio, per favore dammi la forza di non massacrarla come un maiale e poi dare da mangiare ai cani il suo corpo inerte. (Dear God, please give me strength to not slaughter her like a pig and then feed her limp body to dogs.) "

Mumbled Elisa under her breath and closed her eyes.

"Alexandria, sweetheart, how long have you known me?"

Elisa asked in an overly sweet voice.

"Like five minutes?"

Alexandria said smiling thinking that Elisa was genuinely sweet. Elisa got close to her.

"I am hell's special princess. If you want to send all homosexuals to hell, come by first and give it a try. I can make your death as slow and painful as I please."

Elisa whispered into her ear. She then walked away and found Ivan's mom in the kitchen.

"Hey, do you need any help?"

Elisa asked.

"Oh no dear, but I do have a question. Are you and my son dating?"

Elisa choked on her saliva upon the woman's question but before she could answer she felt Ivan's presence near her.

"Yes we are."