Chapter 24

One year later

"Say mommy."

Elisa said to her son. It had been a whole year since they found out she was pregnant. She had given birth to a beautiful baby boy. He had Ivan's deep blue eye colour and from the little hair he had grown they could tell that it was the same as Elisa's.

Their baby was always happy. He laughed at everything and only cried when he was hungry, or his diaper needed to be changed. She was extremely lucky that during his birth there weren't any complications and her baby came out strong and healthy.

"He's not going to say mommy, Vik. He loves me more so his first words will be uncle Dim."

Dimitri said and Elisa rolled her eyes. They had gotten very close in the last year. Elisa could consider herself almost happy, she and Ivan were now officially a couple even though they weren't married yet. Her son always had her full attention, which distracted her from missing her family.

Ivan had informed her that today he had a very important meeting. He said he didn't want to be disturbed unless it was an absolute emergency.

"You should have named him Dimitri, it sounds way better than Sergey or Alessio. "

Dimitri complained. Ivan and Elisa had agreed upon giving him a Russian first name and an Italian middle name. She gave him Leonardo's middle name and Alessio's first name. By doing that she felt a lot closer to her family than she really was.

"Not this again."

Elisa groaned.

"What? These names have no real meaning, but if you named him Dimitri, it would be a symbol of our friendship. Maybe you just don't love me enough."

Dimitri said and started fake crying. Elisa rolled her eyes and Sergey started laughing.

"Yes that's right, uncle Dim makes you happy, doesn't he? "

Sergey laughed again and Dimitri pinched his cheeks.

"If you have another little bundle of joy, you will name him Dimitri, right?"

Dimitri pleaded and Elisa raised an eyebrow.

"We aren't having another one first of all and second of all it might be a girl."

"Uhm are you dumb? If she's a girl you can name her Dimitra or Demeter. After the goddess of the harvest, agriculture, fertility and sacred law. I am a male Demeter and what does Sergey or Alessio mean? Nothing."

He said acting insulted.

"Bitch are you mental? Sergey means protector and Alessio means defender. Freaking uncultured stronzo. (asshole.) "

"Hey, hey don't you use Italian on me and stop cursing in front of lil Dim's virgin ears."

Elisa looked up taking a deep breath. She rubbed her temples and silently prayed to God to give her strength.

"Where's my grandson?"

A female voice was heard that they knew belonged to Ivan's mother.

"In here."

Elisa screamed back. After Ivan's parents learned the news they frequently came to visit. As everybody that met their son they too fell in love with him. His smile was contagious and made everyone happy.

"Viktoria, how are you dear?"

Ivan's mother appeared and kissed Elisa's cheek.

"I'm doing well thank you."

She said and gave her a sweet smile.

"Aunty wouldn't Dimitri be a better name for him?"

Dimitri asked Ivan's mother and she rolled her eyes.

"Dimitri I love you like a son, but I think both of his names fit him."

Ivan's mother said and picked up Sergey from his little seat.

"His the perfect addition to the Petrov family."

Ana whispered and Elisa's eyes widened. When Dimitri saw her expression he realized that Ivan's mother had just mentioned his real name.

"Petrov, is her maiden name. She usually uses it in situations of extreme happiness."

He whispered in Elisa's ear. She raised an eyebrow and her expression held anger.

"Dada."

They heard a small voice. All tension was immediately gone when the small voice spoke. They all looked at Sergey and Elisa took him from Ana's arms.

"What did you say baby?"

She asked. Her little baby boy had just spoken his first words.

"No little dude your first words were supposed to be uncle Dim."

Dimitri said and face palmed himself. Elisa was smiling brightly and tears of happiness were spilling from her eyes.

When she gave birth she realised what everyone was talking about. About the new kind of love that a person experiences the kind of love that is infinite.

"You have to go tell that son of mine. His child's first words were dada and he's not even here. I swear I will kill that boy. "

His mother said, pointing a finger at no-one in particular. Both Elisa and Dimitri chuckled with the woman's reaction. Elisa started rocking Sergey up and down making him giggle as well.

"Dada."

He said again and Elisa smiled.

"No baby, mama is here. Dada is busy with a very important meeting."

She said and Sergey frowned as if he understood what Elisa said.

"Oh stop the nonsense Viktoria. His son should be his first priority."

Ana said and Elisa thought about it. Ana was right his son ought to be his first priority.

"Dimitri do you know with who he's in a meeting?"

Elisa asked him and he shrugged.

"I really don't, but I agree with aunt Ana, his first words are very important and I think he must know. I don't think he'll be mad that you interrupted his meeting for such a matter. "

Dimitri said and Elisa nodded. She hugged Sergey tightly and started walking towards his office.

"Dada."

Sergey said again and laughed.

"Jesus, do you only know how to call for your dad? I carried you for 9 months and I get no appreciation whatsoever. "

She said playfully and Sergey laughed.

"You definitely got that laughing at everything reaction from your father's side of the family. All your aunts, uncles and your grandparents from my side of the family only laugh at their own jokes. It is very pathetic but what can you do? I still love them. I promise one day you will meet them as well, I bet they will love you."

She said and placed a kiss on his forehead. Once she reached Ivan's office she heard hushed down talking but knocked nonetheless.

"Come in."

She heard Ivan's voice. She opened the door looking at her son.

"Ivan, he just said his first words."

She said and when her eyes looked up, they widened immediately.

"Elisa?"

"Leonardo?"