Chapter 28

"He what?"

Leonardo screamed angrily, getting up from the table. His wife put her hand on his shoulder, trying to get him to caln down.

"He sent a card, Dimitri opened it."

Ivan said rubbing his temples.

"What did it say?"

Elisa asked, incredibly worried.

"Congratulations on your son Ivan! I always knew young Elisa would suit you right. I know you're in a big dilemma about our deal, but know that I'm still waiting for her, as you promised."

Ivan said, the vain in his forehead was already popping and his face was red from anger.

"Why is he still breathing?"

Alessio asked. The atmosphere at the dinner table was heavy, everyone was looking angrily around the room, Lorenzo was even cursing under his breath.

"Because he has my sister, any wrong move and she's dead."

Ivan said running a hand through his hair. Elisa looked deep in thought and indeed she was. She had given birth, she was now strong and the only thing she would be risking would be her life. If she surrendered, her son would be left without a mother, but he would have his aunts, uncles and grandparents by his side. Her mind raced to her mother, she was strong enough to extinguish a whole mob, if her mother could do it, she had the ability to do it herself.

"Elisa, are you there?"

Arianna's whisper pulled her out of her thoughts. She smiled and nodded at her worried friend.

"We need to do something."

Lorenzo yelled. Sergey and her nephew started simultaneously crying, both her and Amelia got up to aid their children.

"Mel, where can I put him to sleep?"

Elisa asked her sister in law.

"Come with me."

Amelia said and gestured for Elisa to follow her. The two women soon were at a child's room, where they put their children to sleep.

"Liz, please don't do anything stupid."

Amelia said quietly. Elisa raised an eyebrow at her.

"I know your first instinct as a mother, is to do anything and everything for your child but you need to be rational. You have the help of three different mafias, we will find a solution."

Amelia said and hugged Elisa tighly.

"Mel, whatever I do just know that I will always come back to my son and Ivan. Don't worry about me, I'm not so easy to break. I am after all my mother's daughter."

Elisa said silently, while pulling away from the hug.

"Promise me you will take care of Sergey if you need to."

"No one will let you give yourself up, Lizzie."

"Well, they will never know. Mel I need you by my side."

Elisa said grabbing Amelia's hands in her own.

"No, Elisa, I won't help you get yourself killed. "

"I have a plan, Amelia."

Amelia took a very deep and sharp breath, thinking about what she should do. She understood that Elisa wanted to keep her son safe, but the families would help her with that.

"What's the plan?"

She asked making up her mind, Elisa gave her a very sweet smile before speaking.

"After you got kidnapped by my brother's crazy ex and her boyfriend, the whole family was shaken up. So they installed tracking devices in almost everything, your necklace even has one as do all of my earrings. If everything goes to plan, they will take my trackers off. What they don't know is that trackers can be as little as an ant, so they can be placed bacically everywhere. The rest is for me to worry about, just know that once I activate my tracker you people can come get both me and Ivan's sister."

Amelia's discomfort and worry about Elisa's plan was evident. She looked deep in thought, tho her skeptical thinking she agreed nonetheless. Elisa gave her a sad smile and the two women made their way back to the table.

"Ivan, can I please use your phone to call Anya? Mine died and I think I forgot something important at home."

Elisa said sweetly, kissing the back of his neck. He didn't say anything, he just gave her the phone, he seemed incredibly conflicted as if he was having an eternal battle with himself. Elisa walked to the garden, preparing herself for what was about to come. She searched his contacts, finding Jesùs' name.

"What a pleasant surprise."

She heard the disgusting voice of the one that dared to call himself a man, when he was anything but that.

"I want to make a deal."

Her voice came out rough.

"Ah! Elisa truth be told I was expecting your call. Are you having a nice time with your family this fine evening?"

"How do you know where I am?"

She heard him laugh, a disgusting laugh that made her want to puke.

"A magician never reveals his secrets sunshine."

"If I surrender, you have to leave all my family alone."

"You think, you are in a position to make demands or even try to strike deals? I have trained men watching all of you, with my command they will shoot everybody."

"Jesùs let's not be foolish here, you are willing to shoot a house full of killers? Or perhaps shoot me? "

"Oh yes that's precisely what I'm saying. You or your family can't do anything if you are dead."

"Well if you really want them to shoot us, better hope they don't miss."

Elisa said, her voice was filled with venom. She was willing to give herself up for her newly created family, but this vile and incredibly stupid man, was ruining her plan.

"Fine, fine. We know your family is all dangerous, lethal and blah blah blah. Now, tell me your offer."

"I am willing to surrender, only if you return Tatiana safely and leave my family alone."

"My beautiful Elisa, I can't just take one thing and give two back in return. Choose one of your two requests to be fulfilled."

Deep inside Elisa knew, he would never except her deal, however, she was ready for anything that came her way.

"I just want my family safe."

"Well then you have a deal m'lady."