2 - Hunt Down

☻♡

☻♡

2 - Hunt Down

If they didn't have an argument the last time that they spoke, Ashton would be worried with how distant Michael has been.

Even if they didn't have a job to do, Michael and Ashton still spent a lot of time together as best friends do.

But Michael hasn't even sent him a text message since the night of their disagreement, being almost a month ago.

Plus, he doesn't understand how they haven't had a job in that long. Coming as a surprise, there's a lot of crooked people who do such bad in the world that there's even more dangerous people who pay to get them killed.

He's been even more bored with his best friend and he feels slightly guilty at this point. He understand that Michael just wants to protect him and to keep him safe, but his best friend also needs to keep in mind that he's a whole other person who makes his own decisions.

He couldn't see himself stop crawling into bed with Luke or Calum because he truly does love how they're able to make him scream and moan in pure pleasure. Their whole danger entices him like no other, even if he secretly was a killer himself.

He isn't personal with anyone, including Luke and Calum. All that they know about him is that he's a mysterious, seductive man that is able to take them so well.

But Ashton knows all too much about the two. They're both mobsters that work together, like how him and Michael work together. But the difference between their partnership is that they are their own bosses and they run a lot of the nearby illegal scenes. Ashton and Michael simply listen to the instructions they're given, and they play it out as directed.

Checking his phone for the tenth time in the past half an hour, he sighed when he saw that there was no notification or sign of Michael on his device.

Feeling a hand being placed onto his shoulder, he looked up to see the owner of the hard, but also delicate touch being laid on him.

"Why so blue tonight, huh?" Calum hummed as he sat next to the one with honey-colored curls on the couch they previously just had a whole set of intimacy on.

"It's nothing." Ashton shook his head and put his phone down, looking at Calum expectantly.

"Anything else or am I done?"

"Now that hurts. What if I said that I just wanted your company for once?"

"You don't want my company, you want my ass." Ashton rolled his eyes, looking across the room when he saw the door open with a nonchalant Luke walking in.

"I want both." Calum winked and reached to the side, collecting the bundle of money in his hand before handing it over to Ashton.

"Did I miss the show?" Luke asked, prying off his black, suit jacket and draping it over the couch's side.

"You didn't miss a lot." Ashton rolled his eyes, being in a sour mood ever since him and Michael have been rocky, "Calum decided that he wanted to get sappy on me all of a sudden."

"Is that so?" Luke chuckled in amusement as he watched Ashton get up from the couch and pull his pants and shirt on easily like he was in a rush to leave.

"Seriously, Ashton. What's wrong? You've been acting weird all night." Calum interfered as Ashton checked his phone yet again, groaning in annoyance when there was yet no new notification.

Ignoring Calum's previous question and Luke's silent analyzing, Ashton looked at them seriously with his own question, "How good are you at hunting someone down?"

Ashton was easily able to hunt someone down, but not when it came down to his best friend. He was just simply too close to him and he was in too much an annoyed mood to think clearly. Plus it didn't help that Michael didn't technically have his own place.

The younger one was in deeper than Ashton with the connections and with the longer time spent in the scene. He could be anywhere and everywhere just with one call.

"Who are you looking for?" Luke asked as he crossed his arms seriously, getting into the personal business side of things.

"My best friend."

"And why would you need to hunt down your best friend? Wouldn't you be able to just call them?" Calum asked with a teasing grin, making Ashton scowl.

"I would if he wasn't being such a stubborn prick right now." He said in angry love. As much as Michael annoyed him sometimes, he would be devastated if he wasn't in his life.

"What's his name?" Luke asked expectantly.

"And what's the price?" Ashton flicked his eyes to the standing blonde.

"How about we get to tag along once we find you your best friend?"

"That's it?" Ashton asked confused.

These things costed money, large amounts of it as well. Not some simple request like the one Luke had just made.

"Told you that I also want your company." Calum cut in, making Ashton roll his eyes.

"Yeah, you said that. Not Luke." Ashton stated before seriously asking, "How long will it take you to find him?"

"Depends on who he is. But no longer than a week." Calum answered with a seductive grin, "To make the time go by faster you could always come by."

"Just find him and call me when you do." Ashton said as he pulled his coat and slipped his shoes on, giving them one last glance before he left, "His name is Michael Clifford."

—•••—

I'm already obsessed with this story. 👄

⁎⁺˳