17 - Stay Awake

☻♡

☻♡

17 - Stay Awake

Arriving to the bar before Ashton and Calum had, being that Luke's special guest to call it was only a ten minute drive away while the other two's journey was more around forty minutes.

Rushing into the office's door, they were full of worry with the fact that they didn't know what was wrong and who it was that was hurt. Their eyes widened at a frantically moving Luke in front of a shirtless, bloodied Michael.

"Oh my god!" Mali-Koa yelled out and rushed over to help, "What happened?"

"He was stabbed. I'm trying to get the bleeding to stop, but he's going into hypovolemic shock."

"Shit." She muttered as she saw Michael basically completely unconscious and with his wound bleeding profoundly.

"Where's Calum? And Ashton?" She asked as she grabbed a rag and tried to clean the blood away in order to work properly.

"On their way." He said stressfully, leaving his eyes on Michael's wound as he watched Mali-Koa work.

"Can you save him?"

"I'll try my best." She said, applying pressure onto the wound.

Luke was worried about Michael's state, and he wished that he was able to do more. The medical side of this job was never his strong suit, since he had other people to worry about the injuries that happen to both him and his people. Also, he never had someone that he cared for so much needing to get taken care of.

But fortunately for both him and Michael, Mali-Koa used to go to medical school, practicing to become a medical surgeon before Calum rose in the ranks and forced her to go into hiding for her own safety.

"He's lost a lot of blood, Luke..." She worriedly trailed off, "And it won't stop."

"What do we do?" Luke asked, eyes frantically moving from Michael and onto a paused Mali-Koa.

When she didn't respond and only blankly looked down at Michael he tried again, "Mali? What do we do? I won't let him fucking die!"

Mali-Koa seemed to snap out of her trance, looking to the side and at Luke, "What blood type are you?"

"B-"

"What blood type is Michael?"

"What the hell, Mali? I don't know!" He didn't mean to snap, but he was too worried as time was only clicking by.

But then in perfect timing—well as much perfect the timing could be in this situation—the door opened once again with a rushing Ashton and Calum coming in.

"Michael!" Ashton worriedly said, rushing to the side of the working Luke and Mali-Koa, holding Michael up so Luke didn't have to anymore.

"Do you know Michael's blood type?" Mali-Koa peered seriously up at Ashton.

He frantically nodded, "He's A+"

"Calum...I'm taking your blood." She instantly said, "Luke, hold the rag against Michael."

Rushing up, she opened the bag that she had brought that had pretty much everything she needed, since she didn't know what it was that she was walking into when Luke had called her.

"Sit." She ordered her brother, making Calum silently obey and sit down on the chair placed next to the table.

Rolling his sleeve up, he presented his arm out for his sister, silently staring at the bleeding Michael. He didn't react to the needle entering his arm, too preoccupied with the stressed out Luke, tearful Ashton, and unconscious Michael.

"Perfect." Mali-Koa stated once she got enough blood, quickly going back to work as she started the blood transfusion.

It only took a few minutes of this for Michael to start to flutter his eyes back open, relieving everyone in the room.

"Stay awake for us, angel." Luke said as he reached up and grabbed the side of Michael's cheek to guide him to look and focus on him.

Mali-Koa worked fast, trying everything to get the bleeding to stop, feeling so relieved when she noticed the flow start to slow down. Once it was close to completely stopped, she pressed alcohol to the wound and cleaned it up as best as she could before starting to stick Michael back together.

It didn't take her long, since she's done it before on both her brother and on Luke. She covered it up with a large bandage once she was all done, standing up properly and sighing when she realized that she was done.

"Is he going to be okay?" Ashton asked with widened eyes, peering at Mali-Koa for answers.

"He'll be fine." She nodded her head, sending a comforting smile in Ashton's direction for reassurance, "But you need to keep an eye on him never-the-less."

"Of course." Ashton nodded, "I'll take care of him."

"Here..." She mentioned, digging throughout her bag for the desired bottle, "Keep this for him. Give them to him twice a day."

"Got it." Ashton sighed, placing the bottle of antibodies into his coat pocket.

"Mali." Calum called out his sister's name, making her look at him expectantly, "Come with me."

She slowly nodded, following Calum out of the office and into the secluded hallway, expecting an angered lecture from her younger brother for disobeying the one rule she was expected to follow for her own safety.

So she was defiantly shocked when Calum pulled her into a huge hug and when she heard Calum let out a loud, shaky breathe.

"Thank you." He said, holding her even tighter, "Without you he would have died."

"He's a fighter, Cal." She smiled as she pulled her brother into her arms more when she sensed him pulling back.

"Yes, he is." He stated knowingly with a stressed out sigh. This was all too much.

"You need to be prepared for these types of things, Calum." She said seriously, peering into her brother's brown eyes, "All of you are made out of violence and it's only a matter of time before someone really gets hurt or when someone snaps."

"We're different with each other." He stated seriously with all his attention putting down his sister's claim, "It's different with us."

"Okay..." She sighed out worriedly, "Just please be careful. For yourself, for me, and for them."

"Always, Mali."

—•••—

Michael should be okay, so that's something. 🥺

Now the three need to make sure that he heals up. ✌🏻

⁎⁺˳