13 - The Kings and The Queens

☻♡

☻♡

13 - The Kings and The Queens

"I just got off the phone with Ashton and it looks like Michael made up with him." Luke stated nonchalantly to Calum as he walked into their office at the bar.

Calum hummed, "Made up as in they're back to being best friends or as in that they're currently fucking?"

"Best friends."

"Thought so." Calum said stressfully as he ran his hand through his hair as he continued his focus back onto a piece of paper placed on the desk's surface in front of him.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked, seeing the certain mood a mile away.

"Nothing more than the usual."

"Talk to me." Luke said seriously as he sat on the other side of the desk in a chair.

Calum sighed again as he leaned back in the chair and faced Luke, "The Terry Boys are at it again."

"Again?" Luke scowled in anger at the mention of one of their many enemies.

Having such a high position resulted in many both hating and challenging threats from various groups, and the Terry Boys were just another small, but clever group of drug dealers that wanted Luke and Calum to fall.

"They're claiming that I scammed them out of their 1K deal." Calum scoffed in anger, "Like I play dirty, especially in some cheap ass deal like that."

"Oh you'd never."

"I'm aware. They're morons."

"Kill them." Luke shrugged innocently.

"We both know that's not an option." Calum grinned mischievously at the other sat in front of him, "But how much I'd pay to see you rip their throats out. They've been on my ass especially ever since we took over the scene from them."

The truth was, was that Calum started his own path as a Terry boy. It's not that large of a group compared to the usual companies and gangs with the fact that it only contained around thirty men and women. But they were extremely intelligent and daring individuals, proving as lethal and special forces with the extreme precautions that are taken before initiating anyone in.

Calum had been involved with them for around two years, making his place in the company and proving himself to be an important and powerful man.

But then it all changed when Calum had met Luke. It was during a drug deal with himself, two other Terry Boys, Luke, and two of Luke's men. Luke had always been his own boss and he was determined to rise up in the illegal underworld at the time of his beginning.

"Are they making threats?" Luke asked curiously.

"Yeah. They declared that I'd be dead by the end of the month." Something that should scare him only made Calum laugh out, "Who would I ever possibility let get close enough to me to be able to get an opportunity to end me?"

"There's nothing to worry about. They're just mad that they aren't the kings and the queens anymore." Luke scoffed.

"Remember when I first left them?"

"How could I possibly forget?" Luke scoffed once again, "It was a whole mess that I placed myself right in the middle of."

"But it was worth it." Calum laughed with a cocky smirk.

Luke just simply responded with, "It was."

His simple statement with the lack of a playful smirk said everything that never needed to verbally be said between the two, making Calum silently and softly look back at Luke as he thought back to when he had met him.

—•••—

Calum couldn't keep his eyes off of the blonde beauty and Luke obviously noticed, ordering the instant deaths of two of the three Terry Boys that were in his bar's office.

"Why not kill me, hmm?" Calum asked unbothered by the fact that the room was now full of blood.

"Your eyes are glinting with raging lust." Luke smirked as he leaned back in his chair and motioned for his men to leave with the door closed behind them.

"Murder does that to me."

"Even when it was your little friends who died?"

"They weren't friends, I don't have friends." Calum smirked right back.

"A Terry Boy making dirty deals, uncaring about the company's accessories..." Luke hummed, "That's the first I've seen anything quite unstable in the group."

"I don't play dirty." Calum stated seriously, "I just don't care about them. It isn't where I'm meant to be."

"Being initiated in is a huge accomplishment. I wasn't even accepted." Luke mentioned, making Calum's eyes widen slightly at the other's ability to be so honest and so undeterred at the same time.

"They're not for me." Calum shrugged, "It's not where I belong."

"Where do you belong then?"

"Not sure yet. I've been trying to figure that out. I need to be in charge and not be some errand boy for a company that give a rats ass about my wants."

"What's your name?" Luke ignored the answer he received, keeping his eyes on the entrancing brown pair before him.

"What's yours?" Calum shot back, even if he was fully aware of who was sitting across from him. Luke was making a large name for himself, and his rising power couldn't be ignored.

Luke chuckled darkly from this, but he still none-the-less played along, "It's Luke Hemmings."

Calum nodded slightly, being entranced by the blue eyes and attractive, confident smirk littered on his face.

"I'm Calum Hood."

—•••—

Oop— this ones short. Sorry. 🥺

⁎⁺˳