18 - No Remorse

☻♡

☻♡

18 - No Remorse

It was no surprise to Michael—once he was back to his regular mental state of not being on the brink of death—that neither Luke, Calum, or Ashton were going to let him leave and let him take care of himself.

Especially with the fact that he had planned this. Like anyone could get a blow on him that bad without him stopping it. He might have slipped once with getting his arm slit, but that was the first and last time that he was going to let someone over battle him in a fight.

He purposely allowed the man he was fighting to steal his knife away from him, and he easily let him swing and hit his knife held hand into his stomach.

It was a risky plan; he had barely lived through it. But it was going to be worth it as he's been held back in Calum's and Luke's house, leaving him to get closer to Calum.

Call him crazy, call him manipulative. But it was always about the job to Michael. All the risks that he took was worth it to him for the reputation and for the prize.

One of the three were always swarmed over him, being ready and prepared to get him anything that he needed. So he used it to his advantage by telling Ashton that he was hungry, leaving the hazel eyed one to leave the hurt one to venture into the large kitchen downstairs for only the best for Michael.

Digging out a burner phone that he made sure he always had on him, he quickly dialed a number and put the device up to his ear.

"Heard about your incident, Clifford." The same cocky, womanly voice that he met and heard the night he received his instructions was heard.

"It's a part of the plan."

"Oh I see. Gonna' pull the poor old victim card on Hood?" She hummed.

"Exactly." He huffed, hating how stupid it sounded out of the woman's mouth.

"Good luck with that. You need to kill him in two weeks. You gonna' have enough time to heal up?"

"Like I haven't been stabbed before. And like I haven't fought with these wounds before either."

"Okay." She said seriously, "Get it done then and I'll see you after. Good luck."

"I don't need luck." He stated dangerously into the phone, "I'm too good for it."

"It's Hood we're talking about here. You're going to need all the luck that you can get." Was the last thing he heard before the still unnamed woman hung up.

Prying his phone away, he only awaited for the return of Ashton. He luckily didn't have to wait for much longer, since he soon came in with a plate full of food for Michael.

Gleaming at his best friend, Ashton placed the plate down and helped the other sit up on the bed he's been residing in the past few days.

"You okay?" He asked, reaching over the grab the plate of food once again.

"Yes, Ashton. I'm okay. You were only gone for twenty minutes."

Ashton frowned from this, but none-the-less still picked up the fork and stabbed it into the salad he had made for his best friend. Placing it in front of Michael's mouth, he expectantly waited for Michael to open his mouth.

"Are you serious?" Michael glared at him.

"C'mon, it's cute. Just let me feed you." Ashton grinned.

"Absolutely not."

"Please."

"No."

"Don't make me force you to open your mouth for me." Ashton suddenly changed direction, giving Michael his infamous glare and look of warning.

Ashton could go from his bubbly, adorable best friend to a brooding, intimating hitman in a mere second and it amazed Michael. Michael was always the same; he was a cold killer with no remorse.

Michael just dramatically groaned and opened his mouth, letting Ashton feed him like a baby and hating every second of it.

"This is stupid." He said after he chewed his salad and swallowed it, grabbing a glass of water that Ashton handed him and taking a small sip afterwards.

"You say that a lot. I think it's a way for you to build up this whole demeanor that you use to push us away."

Michael's eyes narrowed onto Ashton's even more from this, "What do you mean?"

"I mean that you don't want to admit that you like being with us and spending time with us. Instead you try to cover it up with hate and scorn."

"Not true. I just don't like them." Michael rolled his eyes, looking away from Ashton. But Ashton wasn't going to have it.

Placing the plate down once again, he reached forwards to grab Michael's chin to force him to look at him, just like he had did in the living room of his home.

Ashton only watched as Michael's eyes widened from his touch and as Ashton made sure that he looked deep into his green eyes.

"I love you."

Michael's eyes could only widen more.

"And I hate seeing you hurt."

"Stop it, Ashton." Michael tried to move his face out of Ashton's grip, but he stopped when only a little bit of movement sent a roaring pain through his stomach.

"No." Ashton stated seriously, knowing that Michael was officially stuck with no way to leave and run away from his worries, "Because all that I'm doing is being honest with you. I can't lie anymore. I just want you."

"No, you also want Luke and Calum."

"And they want you, angel."

"Don't call me that stupid ass name Luke made up." Michael glared evilly at Ashton, feeling the embarrassment build up like no other.

"Or what, angel baby?" Ashton smirked playfully, "Are you going to hurt me?"

"If you don't shut the fuck up then yes." He growled.

"I'd love to see you try." Ashton only smirked some more.

Letting go of the other's jaw, Ashton recollected the plate and fork, stabbing the salad again in order to feed Michael.

And just like how Michael had mentioned about Ashton's ability to perfectly change his personality's directions, Ashton sent him a sweet smile as he started feeding him another forkful of lettuce.

—•••—

HAH you hoes really thought that I'd make things simple and let Michael just simply rest up with them like that with no diabolical plan!! 😭

Sorry sorry sorry. 🙈

⁎⁺˳