Chapter 1

INDIA

10 years ago...

"You won't be able to catch me!" Deepika shouted. "Let's see about that!" Ranveer said while he ran after her. He finally caught her from behind and spinned her around.

She turned around and he pulled her to him. She brought her right hand to his cheek and caressed it. She leaned in and their noses touched. "Don't ever leave me!" she said.

"Never!" he said and they kissed.

10 YEARS LATER

NEW YORK

Ranveer woke up. This dream. Her. He missed her. He hadn't met her for 10 years. And she didn't want to meet him also.

He walked to the bathroom and stood under the shower. He had to get ready for his interview.

Meanwhile...

Deepika was in her condo, having breakfast. She looked at the picture frame on the dining table, a picture of her and Ranveer from 10 years ago.

She missed him a lot. But if he had came back, she would never forgive him. Ever.

10 Years Ago

India

Deepika had woke up in the morning feeling fresh. She wanted to go and hug Ranveer as she was missing him and hadn't talked to him in days.

She walked over to his house and knocked on the door. Surprisingly, the door was open. She frowned and entered. "Baby, where are you!" she shouted.

"Veer!" she shouted. "Jaan?" That's when she saw a paper on the table.

Dear deepu

I am sorry I didn't tell you this earlier. I left. I left to California for business as my parents forced me. I know you are angry. But please forgive me. I love you and I always Will. I Will come back and meet you if I can.

Don't call me or text me as my number had changed and I don't even know my new number. I am really sorry baby. I love you.

Love, Ranveer

10 Years Later...

A tear slip down her eye remembering that letter. It had been ten years and she still loved him. She still missed him, but never accepted it.

But she was angry with him. Why did he leave her without telling her. But he didn't.

She finished up her breakfast and went to work. Everyone stood up and greeted her as she walked through their tables. She smiled at them and walked to her cabin.

She placed her bag on the couch and sunk into the chair. She saw a paper on her table. A new one was coming for an interview.

She called her manager. "Dheeraj? What is the name of the new guy?" she asked. "Oh, wait a second Ma'am. Let me print out more details of him and give it to you," he said.

"Thank you," she said and put down the phone.

Just then, Dheeraj entered the room. He passed her the documents and went. She read the name of the guy.

Ranveer Singh Bhavnani

Meanwhile....

Ranveer was having his breakfast. He looked at his wallpaper, a picture of him and Deepika. He smiled. It was their last picture together, after he... Left.

10 Years Ago....

Ranveer was on the phone with deepika. "No, I wanna meet you tomorrow. And kiss you. And hug you. And do so many things to you," she said. "Baby, control," he said.

He laughed. Just then his mother barged in the room. "Son, me and your father have to talk to you," his mother said.

"Ok, baby. I need to go. I love you," he said and cut the call.

"Yes Ma?" he asked. "Son, we are going to California tomorrow. And we are not hearing any excuses. Go pack," his father said.

"Are we going there for holiday?" he asked. "No, forever," his father said and left the room. He was left there shocked.

He could not leave Deepika alone like that. She would hate him for life. And that wasn't even the last thing he wanted. He was about to call her when his mother forced him not to.

He insisted but his mother snatched his phone away. He wanted to go to her house but his dad stopped him.

"At least let me see her the last time!" he shouted at them. "She doesnt have to know. You Will find someone else there," his mother locked the door and kept the key with her.

He tried going out through the window but everything was locked. He only had one way. And that was to write her a letter.

10 Years Later...

Even though his parents were that bad to him. He still missed them as they were no more.

He looked at the time and sighed. Ranveer walked over to his bag and carried it. He sat in his car and drove off to the office...