Chapter 2

Deepika's heart started beating rapidly. It was him. And he was about to take an interview in her company. She wouldn't lie, she missed him.

But she mentally slapped herself and said, it can't be him. Just then, there was a knock on the door. "May I come in?" that voice. It belonged to him.

"Y... Yes," she said. He walked in while looking at the floor. He was still as handsome as ever. His body well toned, his shirt tight which made her drool slightly.

He sat down and their eyes met. His hands gripped the table. "D... Deepika?" he stuttered. For some reason, she was angry.

"You address me as Ma'am," she said firmly. Ranveer was startled. She was never this arrogant. He kept the tears in his eyes but she could see right through him.

"Your resume seems impressive," she said. He just nodded silently. "Anyway, how can you make this company better?" she asked, finally meeting his eyes.

She missed being inches away from him. She missed kissing him. She missed saying 'I love you baby' to him. She just missed him. And now, she met him. But she was extremely mad at him.

So she gave him a bitch face. "I am confident enough to get new clients," that was the only thing he said. She heard his voice crack. That meant he was hiding his tears and she hated that.

She wanted to sit on his lap and hug him. "We'll get back to you in some time. Thank you for coming," she said, handing him the resume. He walked away, not giving her a second glance.

The moment he left the door, she broke down. She wanted to run after him and tell him how much she missed him and loved him. But did neither.

She was mad at him for leaving. But it wasn't his fault. She didn't want to hire him. But something in her made her tick his name which meant he was hired.

Ranveer was rushing to the toilet. He shut the toilet door and those tears came running down. He wanted to hold her in his arms and kissed her.

But she was not his anymore. He wasn't even sure she was dating someone or not. He slapped himself for leaving her. But he was somewhat happy because he met her.

And god damn she still knew how to use her lips to seduce him. Ranveer started searching through other jobs as he knew she would not hire him.

A day later...

Deepika did not have the guts to call Ranveer so she asked her secretary to do it. But then she thought, what if she starts flirting with Ranveer.

She can't let that happen. She still loved him. And in her heart, he was hers. Still hers. So she picked up her phone and called him.

"Hello?" Deepika said. "Yes, Ranveer here," he replied.

"Hi Ranveer. Its me Deepika. Also known as your new boss. Congratulations, you are hired and you start work from tomorrow," she said.

"Thank you so much ma'am," he said and cut the phone. She threw her phone on the couch and cursed. She wanted to hear, 'I miss you baby' or 'I am sorry for leaving' or 'I love you' but got neither.

She continued doing her work but his smile kept coming in her head. It was going to be hard avoiding him at work.