The Job of a Host!

Yuh, it's long again. I'm very chaotic rn this is crazy. I never thought I would have the willpower to write so much into one chapter but here we are.

im probs gonna go insane by doing this but at this point i am unwilling to stop because i refuse to have this fandom be tormented by not having enough gay shit in it.

---A. :)

(m/s/n) - your middle school's name

(hm/c) - home country

bold is the twins talking in unison

Regular italics with NO quotations is (___)'s thoughts.

==========================================================

(1st Person)

The bell rang throughout the halls and each room in Ouran Academy. The grip on my pencil slipped as it fell from my hand. Haruhi, already defeated, shoved her books into her bag. I packed mine up as well, hoping that we wouldn't be late. We were in one of the opposite buildings from the club, meaning if we didn't want to be horribly late, we would have to run there.

As we left the somewhat empty library that we had found, Haruhi and I started to jog out the hall and into the courtyard. We followed the cement walkway and entered said club building. As we made it to the usual staircase that lead up to the room, I paused at the bottom of the stairs, trying to catch my breath.

"We're never gonna hear the end of it if we show up late, (___)! Just a little longer and we'll be inside." Haruhi said from her place on the steps.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry that my lungs are on fire right now."

I slowly ascended the stairs after her, stopping right at the top of them. Haruhi pushed me forward towards the door and opened it for both of us. The sight that we saw was...unexpectedly expected.

Palms trees rose to the ceiling and various exotic and tropical plants lined the floor. A large bird flew by and landed on a near by branch.

"What is this?" I questioned.

"Where are we? Is this even the music room?" Haruhi looked at the many plants surrounding us.

Our answer came shortly after once we noticed the rest of the Hosts in front of us.

"Welcome!" They greeted us.

They were dressed in...some sort of tribal get up? I honestly have no words how to describe how they looked. I mean how could I? Their chests were out in the open. I could barely look at their faces.

"You both finally made it. You're so late." The twins scolded.

"I could be wrong, but my calendar says it's still early spring." Haruhi stated, flipping through her planner.

"Huddling under a kotatsu table, fearing the cold is nonsense! And besides the heating system we have is the best!" Tamaki replied, fanning himself.

Haruhi let out a scoff. I was doing my best not to look at the boys, focusing my attention on how the hell they got these animals in here. Surely this violates some form of school policy, right?

"Do you have a problem with the way we run our club, Haruhi? Be careful what you say, you two owe us eight million yen, remember?" Kyouya chimed in, rather coldly.

That brought straight back into reality, making me rub the back of my head and look downwards in shame. Haruhi also froze and clicked her tongue, shaking her head out of her thoughts. I was just imagining the jade vase hitting floor and shattering into tiny shards.