And so, the Walls Crumbled

This is kind of a filler? You can skip this if you'd like. It's more so detailing how you came about figuring out your trans in this universe, some of your past, and your internal dialogue behind the scenes. I just kind of wanted to do something like the past stories that you get in the eps with Hikaru and Kaoru and Tamaki and Kyouya.

--- A. :)

Although your schools may not follow the same format, in this story, yours follows the Japanese format, where elementary is first through sixth and middle school is seventh through ninth.

==========================================================

Content Warning: usage of slur words (d***, f*****), talk about depression and anxiety, hints at suicide.

(First Person to Third Person)

When I was young, I had thought that gender was black and white  much like everyone else. The world was divided into girls and boys, men and women. It was taught to us that way. But I felt...I felt like I was different in a way. I never wanted to do what a girl did. Many were taught to be proper, to sit poised and talk politely and be interested  in things like make up or dresses. The thoughts of those things were  something that I never really cared for. I never had an interest in  them. I found myself always outside, playing around with the boys in my neighborhood or dirtying myself in the small yard that we used to have. I would dig holes and say that I was looking for buried treasure.

Then, I was what other people called a tomboy. I was a girl who acted like a boy, who dressed like a boy, and who didn't want to be  frail or nice like the other girls. Even then, I knew this title wasn't what I was. I was something more than that, though I didn't know what  word I was looking for. I couldn't call myself a boy, right? There's such a large line dividing women from men, I never thought that between the line that there was a blur, or that there were areas outside of each that existed, where things were different. Although I tried my best to hide how I felt, I felt like a part of me had yet to be uncovered, and that part that I wasn't able to find when I was so young made me feel somewhat hollow.

As I grew, Mama was the first to notice. I guarantee it. Her eyes have always been sharp. It's not like Auntie Ranka didn't talk about the things that I would ask him when I stayed the summer with him and  Haruhi.

"Auntie, what's it like dressing like a woman?"

"Is it okay to dress the way you do?"

"Is it fun?"

"Do you feel like yourself?"

I was so curious when it came to Auntie Ranka. In my eyes, he was free flowing, an open book to me, and such a strong individual. No offense to my parents, but he's probably my favorite out of my entire family. Well, next to Haruhi that is. He would answer all of my questions and I would always be satisfied with his answers.

"I feel truer to myself this way, (___). I feel free like this. I feel beautiful!"

His answers made me feel comfortable to wear what I did as a child. I saw nothing wrong with the fact that I disliked dresses or skirts or being considered a pretty lady. I wanted to be comfortable within myself. I really was an idiot because I didn't realize that Auntie Ranka was the first clue into me figuring out that the gender binary doesn't need to matter. He was happy with who he was and what he did. And that's all that mattered to him, other than taking care of  Haruhi and I of course. Whenever someone was there to ruin his fun, he  would always have something witty to say to them, regardless if we were by his side or not.

"No, no, but what's in your pants?"

"Justice. And possibly a few yen."

By the time fifth grade had come around, I was admiring the way boys looked and dressed more. I found that I would be asking my mother  to wear suits and vests out when we would eat at a nice restaurant. I acted like it wasn't anything new. It was just like asking for any other pair of clothing, right? The biggest tickets were, and not limited to: