Iceberg Blue

The deep green scenery was gorgeously intimidating, miles and miles of tall pines and soft grass extended ornamented with the morning mist, thick gloomy fog glazed over the height of the mountain, hiding whatever trace of nature was on it in an almost embracing, gentle manner; it's smell, light, mixed and danced with the smell of pine and eucalyptus. And to top it off, absolute silence, so much silence, it was almost loud, it was all almost overwhelming.

Waking up, even still inside the cottage, you could feel it, the heftiness of the mountain, claiming, reminding you of it's size and disposition. But you loved it, you had always been one to adore nature, the forest, the clouds, the grass in between your toes, the humming silence in the morning.

Your feet dragged out of bed, the always shocking contact with the cold wooden floor making you groan, eyes still closed, hair long and messy, you dragged your hands through it and stopped behind your neck, sighing at the start of yet another day

Your feet dragged out of bed, the always shocking contact with the cold wooden floor making you groan, eyes still closed, hair long and messy, you dragged your hands through it and stopped behind your neck, sighing at the start of yet another day...alone. You rubbed your arm stepping to the kitchen, looking forward to the nice touch of a hot cup of tea.

As the kettle warmed up you went back to the bedroom, glancing at the 'too big' bed as you pulled a different more cozy sweater into your arms over the long dress you had put on. Too big? Or too empty? You questioned to yourself as you turned to glance at it once more before leaving the room. You estimated the kettle would be ready in about 20 minutes, maybe more, you hated doing things too fast, it always left you with too much time in your hands, time you couldn't make use of, and had to spend lonely, in the stillness of a lonely house.

You opened the back door besides the end of the kitchen counter, your eyes squinted and your breath hitched slightly at the sudden steel cold in the air, you sled in your boots and made your way down the few steps, already feeling more energized at the mixture of cold morning weather and the landscape in front of you.

A bucket in hand, you came to a stop a few feet away from the cottage, looking around briefly before licking your lips and bringing your hands to cup around them, you breathed slowly. A high melody escaped your mouth, coming slowly to a low stop and picking up at the end, the mountain mimicked you in the form of echoes and you continued singing the ancient melody.

At first sight, or hearing, it sounded like a beautiful smooth chorus, but it's notes were enchanting to a herd, you had found it worked greatly on animals from Midgard, some Asgardian species would be inmune but the more simple creatures on your now planet of residence were hypnotized by it, it didn't even need to be perfect, yet, you sung it high and straight, like you were taught to. At the fourth wave of your song, you saw the cows approaching you in a trot, you smiled to yourself.

-Hello everyone- you said as they met you to a stop.
- Crispy morning isn't it?-

Your fingers scratched down the chin and neck of one of the creatures, she looked up at you and you mimicked her face, kneeling down with the bucket under her you rolled your sleeves up and started pumping with your fists.