Maybe it's Better this Way

Trigger Warning‼️ Mentions of suicidal thoughts, if you or someone close are experiencing this please seek help!
You matter 💕

——————————
Loki's POV:

Walking back to the house with his brother, he thought back to their previous talk, back on Sakaar in the elevator, Loki had tried his best to seem unfazed and uninterested, but crumbled inside when Thor told him how he thought the world of him, and he was genuine. Loki knew a lie when he heard one and that wasn't the case, but he could also hear the past tense on his brother's feeling, see how disappointed his eyes were on him when he said it.

Loki stared at the house ahead, when really, he was staring at her, thinking:
What would she do?

-Do you think...-Loki started, the vulnerability of the question making his stomach churn.

- Do you think you could ever think...highly of me again?-

Loki couldn't bring himself to say "the world of me", no, he didn't think he could redeem himself to that point, wipe out that much  red, as he had put it the last time he came to Midgard. He wouldn't ask his brother for the impossible.
He heard him chuckle under his breath and look at him as they approached the back entrance of the cabin.

-Brother, if you give me the chance, I'll be happy to...-

Loki nodded to himself and Thor patted his back then placed his hand on his neck, just like old times.

Fair enough... Loki thought.

-Now give us a kiss- Thor teased.

He shook his head and huffed at his brother's mockery, but couldn't help a small smile at the memories it brought, when life was slightly happier and their relationship was slightly more open. Now here they were, and things would never be the same, but they could be similar.

-....She's my wife- Loki mumbled before he regretted wanting to say it.

Thor's eyes widened.
-You're married?!-

-Gods above.- Loki sighed- Not properly married, we never had a ceremony, it was...rushed, let's leave it at that.-

Loki entered back in the house with Thor behind him, the smell of a hot meal on the stove invading their senses, on his left Sygin stood in front of the kitchen counter, wiping her hands she smiled up at them.

Your POV:

-Indeed it was rushed- you wrapped your arms around Loki's waist remembering the night you married him- But it was beautiful...-

He smiled down at you and you pecked his lips, you knew he was never entirely happy with your secretive small wedding, but at the time and all things considered, it was perfect, you weren't looking for a high class wedding at the palace anyways if it meant the All Father would be there to judge you both. Being soul bonded to someone was much more than marriage anyways, and as soon as Loki became king after Odin fell into the unexpected Odin's sleep, Loki took his chance to do many things, like a teenager being able to misbehave while his parents were out. Amongst these things, he married you, again, very much a last minute informal thing to confirm your status under the law of Asgard, since soul bonds weren't recognized.
Loki thought he would rule for longer than he actually did, and even though you did not accept the title of Queen of Asgard, you were willing to stand besides him.
Then things got complicated...

-Did you get the answers you were hoping for?-

-Knowing my brother I'd say i got more than that- he gave you a small bow with his head, you watched in surprise- Sygin, Goddess of Fidelity, it's a true pleasure to meet you, i believe I'm your brother in law.-